New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Upstate New York New member

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upstate New York New member

I'm a 2 month owner of a trye Gem , I found a 56k mile 03 X-Type 2.5 owned by an older Gentlean and his wife.They used it to go to golfcourse and dinner...Needless to say this car is showroom clean...ITS FREEKING 14 YRS OLD AND PEOPLE JUST DROOL OVER IT AND CAN'T BELIEVE ITS AN 03/// ...
I want to Thank all members here who have posted so much on the X-Type/Ford Mondeo..LoL...I've been Lurking for the past 2 months and just ran my Jag thru the brushless carwash and he is simply a gorgeous BONE stock 2.5 , I just had to join this great Community....
Been Thinking bout adding sum 17's or 18's and new rubber for summer and use stock rims(not a bit of curb rash may I add)for winter ,as we have brutal winters here with -25 below 0 temps and feet of snow pack for months...So AWD is a must...
I am concerned over the ride comfort change as some of our roads are just horrid due to winters....As well as worrying bout the car Looking GOOFY if wheel wells dnt look filled with new rubber an rims......
Does anyone else worry bout getting that perfect fitting rim..I see member "Ex Pat" has tried 10 combos on his Xtype Sport..What size do you guys think work best...As I am picky and very traditional an prefer something Euro styling like the BMW mesh type BBS..Any thoughts...
And thanks for having me and sharing your pride and joy here as I am Hooked for life on Jags.....

Attached Thumbnails Upstate New York New member-win_20160908_10_35_05_pro.jpg  
Old 09-08-2016, 04:09 PM
GGG
Received 16,790 Likes on 12,164 Posts

Welcome to the forum Typos_Caps_Bot,

It sounds like you've found your way around here but please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Graham

Old 09-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Received 3,813 Likes on 2,789 Posts

Welcome aboard .

Old 09-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,943 Likes on 5,291 Posts

Hello,
Very nice car! Jaguars do hold their crowd appeal for a Long time!

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 09-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Received 10,306 Likes on 6,818 Posts

Welcome.

The following users liked this post:
Typo_Caps_Bot (09-09-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 10:13 PM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 09-09-2016, 05:19 AM
Received 4,179 Likes on 3,642 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 09-09-2016, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum Typos_Caps_Bot,

It sounds like you've found your way around here but please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Graham
Hey Thanks For The Tip! Just updated my Signature...

Old 09-09-2016, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts

From one New Yorker to another, "Welcome"!!

Old 09-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Received 6,249 Likes on 5,449 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Typos_Caps_Bot,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 09-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
From one New Yorker to another, "Welcome"!!
Thanks so much....And I am so Jealous on your new addition today...Good luck an keep us posted on your new KITTY......

Old 09-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

congrats and welcome! where abouts upstate are you? Westchester? White Plains? or further?

Old 09-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

Old 09-10-2016, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Typo_Caps_Bot
Thanks so much....And I am so Jealous on your new addition today...Good luck an keep us posted on your new KITTY......
Thank you, and here's an "update" on the new kitty..........we're in the car, and our sales rep is going over the differences in the control panel between our previous car, compared to the new one, and my wife notices that one of the rear seat air vents is blowing hot air, while all the other vents are throwing cold air. The rep says, "No problem, probably just a setting on the dashboard control panel.

The setting was correct, so changing it on the dash didn't make any difference. There appears to be an issue somewhere in the car's console.....we're going back sometime next week, to pick it up.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member

ughhhhhhhh thats the worst feeling! well at least it wasnt anything major.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by carzaddict
ughhhhhhhh thats the worst feeling! well at least it wasnt anything major.
Yeah, like on our previous XJ-L, where it had a defective camshaft, from day 1!! I think I might start a separate discussion of Jaguar quality....

Old 09-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Yeah, like on our previous XJ-L, where it had a defective camshaft, from day 1!! I think I might start a separate discussion of Jaguar quality....
my BMW broke its transmission within the first HOUR of ownership. 30 miles on the clock. i was driving her home and BAM...transmission was done.

and then a few days before the lease terminated, fuel pump went bad as i was on my way to the dealership to purchase my XFR

quality issues are all over the place (except with japanese cars, damn those things are solid)

Old 09-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by carzaddict
my BMW broke its transmission within the first HOUR of ownership. 30 miles on the clock. i was driving her home and BAM...transmission was done.

and then a few days before the lease terminated, fuel pump went bad as i was on my way to the dealership to purchase my XFR

quality issues are all over the place (except with japanese cars, damn those things are solid)

I understand where you're coming from.....HOWEVER, when a buyer drops $80K on a car, you expect that all systems should at least be operative, and PROPERLY on delivery.

With our 2012, it was a somewhat unusual situation, as we took delivery of the car in late December of 2011, luckily during a break in the seasonal snow. We didn't intend to drive the car in the winter, and as I was backing it into the garage, I hear this chirp-chirp-chirp noise, like a squeaky belt. The following morning, I call the dealership, and tell them about it. They said as soon as I put the car on the road, in March, bring it in.

I bring the car in, and long story short, we discover that one of Jaguar's suppliers sent out a bad batch of RH exhaust camshafts. The parts were hardened enough, but due to a surface finish issue, there was this noise.

SO.....somebody assembled this engine, and unknowing installed a bad cam. HOWEVER.....I would think the engine was "test fired" after assembly. I would certainly think the noise was audible at that point. BUT......the engine was nonetheless, sent to the assembly area, where it was installed in a car. AT THIS POINT..........the car had to have been "test run", and the noise heard. But the car was shipped anyway.

The dealer had the car for 2 weeks, while their lead technician replaced the bad cam. Under normal circumstances, I would have gone ballistic, but A) my dealer's tech was a highly skilled, Rolls Royce trained man; and B) the area's Jaguar factory rep was fully involved, and pleaded with me to let them fix the car, and if, after the fix, I wasn't happy with it, they'd order me another one, as it was still early enough in the production run, to be able to do that. Tom fixed it, and fortunately, it ran like a Swiss watch afterward. Nonetheless, as I said, that engine shouldn't have made it to the assembly line in the first place.

Now our 2016, another brand new Jag.....the a/c isn't functioning properly. Doesn't anyone check this stuff BEFORE the cars leave the factory??

And respect to Japanese cars, I was considering an Infinity. We like the style of the XJ, however, we have an EXCELLENT rapport with our Jag dealer, and I'd hate to give that up. Also, the Infinity dealer, is located in "automobile row" on the other side of the county, about 26-28 miles away (along with the Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, and Audi dealer). In case of service, it's FAR from convenient, no pun intended. So I hope this new Jag isn't going to be trouble prone......

Old 09-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member

i used to own an infiniti (2 actually)....the most reliable car i've owned to date. literally not a single issue. i am strongly considering getting a Q60 coupe (i used to have a G37 coupe) once the prices calm down a bit.

obviously, i have nothing but best wishes on your XJ, im not gunna say "dont worry you'll be fine after this" because well.......its a jag haha. so what I will say is "thank god for warranty"

Old 09-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member

We finally picked up the new car yesterday. Turns out the cooling problem was a simple fix..... a wire from the harness to the rear cooling control module wasn't connected. My dealer's tech found the problem, and had it fixed within an hour, but the issue was discovered late on a Friday afternoon, and they weren't able to get him assigned to it until Monday morning.

The new Kitty, above.....

Quick Reply: Upstate New York New member