Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Tesla does it agian...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Tesla does it agian...

The electric market leader Tesla has done it again with the new roadster, 1.9 sec 0-60, 8.8 sec quarter mile. Move over Bugatti .....so I can pass!

Better wear your neck brace!

250MPH top speed. This is their first true sport car offering. Just $50K more than most of the Jaguar SVO offerings.

I'd love to see the F-Pace, F-type, I-Pace, and XE/XF lines offered as 100pct electrified.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ele...go-0-60mph-19s

https://www.tesla.com/roadster/

Perhaps the most interesting development is the new Tesla Big Rig SEMI, which will do 0-60 in under 5 seconds hauling an empty trailer. Trucker giant JB Hunt has already ordered a ton of these 500Mi range trucks, so you will see them on your road soon...WOW.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ity/873162001/

Last edited by Austin7; 11-17-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts

It makes sense for Tesla's image. It has to the innovator and class leader. Impressive performance. Academic for me and most others, 200k is a lot of money. Even if i could afford a car like that, it's too much excessive performance. Where could you use it besides a track? I know that I sound like an old man. There will be those who can afford it and will buy it. The Tesla plant is just twenty five miles up the road from me. In fact, I used to work there when it was the General Motors plant back in the 1970s. Tesla needs to deliver their mass market electric vehicle.

On a related note Jaguar fitted an E type with a modified powertrain from their upcoming electric vehicle. It has a 150 mile range and looks quite nice under the hood. They anticipate offering a conversion package in the future.Here's a link to the video.

Couldn't link it. Just search Youtube for E-Type Zero.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Right on...too rich for my blood too. So are the Jaguar SVR developed cars, for that matter...but evidently there is a market for this stuff. But from a pure engineering perspective, its ground breaking again for Tesla.

It wont be out until 2020 it looks like...so I'd guess they are putting the finishing touch on the development right now.

If it's like the other Tesla's out there (and Jags for that matter) it is very very likely it will have a performance mode, a regular mode, and and economy mode for mileage.

Performance would be much much more tame for daily driving in the economy mode. Maybe a 3.5 sec car instead? Not very tame, I admit!

But its pretty cool, and of the SVR developed a street legal all E F-type it would have to be brilliant.

Most of the electric cars require a new chassis design anyway, so it be entirely different than the F type if jag built a true electric offering, I'd reckon...still gotta keep the battery weight at a low center of gravity for it to feel right....

I'd like to see one of those new Tesla Semi's... unhitched ...on the quarter mile. Would be awesome!

Last edited by Austin7; 11-17-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That E-Type Zero was amazing! I wonder if there's a business opportunity for someone to manufacture a standard Electric power plant & setup like that to retro fit into cars by size. That E-Type Zero plant would retro fit nicely in any Corvette, Camaro, Mustang with very little alteration.

I can see someone with the cash starting up a business doing this. If it happens I want in!! LOL. But I can see a business doing standard Power plant changes to Electric based on vehicle size rather than Custom making every single retro fit, you could get an "Off the shelf" package that only requires a small amount of finesse to fit it in your car. Eventually, it might start a revolution of Home builders modding cars to electric.