Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Why do people driving Chrysler 300's think they're in a Bentley?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the new 300's with the hemi in stock trim. There is no need to add big stupid wheels to it..

The SRT 300 is total sex.. 425hp on tap in a big 4dr car, thats for me!!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I literally laugh out loud at these idiots driving 300's with their "gangsta lean" on, seat all the way back, bass bumpin, every after market piece of sh*t chrome trim they can find, and maybe if your lucky you'll find one with a custom sticker on the back window. I dont care if its the SRT or the V6, the vehicle is played out and frankly just lame as hell.

Maybe if 97% of the owners weren't wannabe's I would feel different, I liked it when it first came out, but unfortunately its now become a complete tool mobile.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Default A Bentley lookalike?

There's only really one thing to say here -- imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. No-one is fooled by a Chrysler looking like a Bentley. The Chrysler is just the poor man's Bentley, like Rover was the poor man's Roller back in the 1960s. If you run one of these imitations, it simply says you are profoundly un-cool, as Jeremy Clarkson would say.
Would I run one? If it was cost effective and reliable AND a well designed motor, yes! But not as an imitation Bentley. I run a Jaguar because they are a law unto themselves, have their own standards. The marriage with Ford in my opinion has made Jaguars even better than ever, especially in the body protection and paint dept. Without Ford's forward thinking, Jaguar would have perished like Austin Rover did.
Leedsman.

The following users liked this post:
D. Fite (01-02-2014)
Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

My missus always asks me if it's a Bentley every time we see a 300C. They do look a bit like a "Mafia Car". I live in Crewe, England where the Bentleys are made and have been round the factory. I have to say it seemed to be cleaner than the hospital a mile away !!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Certainly not from the inside though. I just looked at a couple of year old, mid line 300 and I could not believe how cheap it looked on the inside. Nothing but Soviet era plastics everywhere. Hugely disappointing!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CarSmartNot

And also, why is it always a black guy driving them? Or a white guy who thinks he's black?

I use to like the cars, but now I can't stand them!
I have a better question: Why is it that you are still allowed on these forums when all you do is talk sh** and say racist stuff like this ^?? I swear everytime I see your name you never have anything nice to say

Old 07-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm actually quite okay with 300 drivers "pimping" out their cars. At this point, so many of them aren't stock anymore that I think it's strange when I see one that's still stock. I must say, that I'm not big on people changing the badging. That's taking it a bit too far.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

People posting will always make "gaffes", or semi-gaffes: However I don't think describing a black guy as 'black' or a Jewish person as 'a Jew' or a Chinese person as 'Chinese' constitutes racism. After all, you can call a spade 'a spade' or a 'bloody shovel', it's all a matter of words, meaning of words, and not a small amount of bias on the person listening or reading.
In UK, I have seen many Chrysler 300s being driven about; not once have I seen a black or Asian (Indian continent) guy driving one. I've never seen a woman driving one either. What does it all mean?
Bugger all.
Leedsman.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah, but living in South Florida, I've seen many a variety of people driving 300's. Lots of old people driving the brand new ones (with the Xenon headlights), while the older ones seem completely void of older owners.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not as bad as all the Jag owners thinking they are in an Aston.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, I do that, and I don't even drive an Xk. It's really bad if I put on some James Bond theme music. Just wait. I'll have my very own Aston soon enough.

I do think the Jag drivers pretending to be Aston drivers is a bit more justified than the 300/Bentley drivers.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull27
I literally laugh out loud at these idiots driving 300's with their "gangsta lean" on, seat all the way back, bass bumpin, every after market piece of sh*t chrome trim they can find, and maybe if your lucky you'll find one with a custom sticker on the back window. I dont care if its the SRT or the V6, the vehicle is played out and frankly just lame as hell.

Maybe if 97% of the owners weren't wannabe's I would feel different, I liked it when it first came out, but unfortunately its now become a complete tool mobile.
Sounds just like my favourite piece of eye-candy around here. Only this one says "Bling Bling" on the sides in holographic/chrome stickers and has some more on the rear glass and trunk lid.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Aston Martin and Jaguar are alike but Chrysler and Bentley are not .
Aston Martin and Jaguar were owned by FORD under a name of PREMIER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP .
Aston Martin's all models even Vanquish shared too many parts , pieces with Jaguar

However, nowadays things are different though , Aston Martin's new models and new Jaguar XK don't look like each other let alone using same parts

Back to the Chrysler thingy . Boy , Chrysler 300 is a car of identity confusion lol . I saw a "would- be , wanna be" Rolls Royce Phantom but it was actually a Chrysler 300 .
I think Chyrsler 300 Owners like to transform their rides to other fancy brands

Old 07-31-2010, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by DreWRoolZ
I have a better question: Why is it that you are still allowed on these forums when all you do is talk sh** and say racist stuff like this ^?? I swear everytime I see your name you never have anything nice to say

Dre don't worry about it. CarSmartNot was a young member that often typed before he thought things through. He had indeed offended quite afew of us in the S Type section with different slang terminologies. He got the hint that we would not tolerate his typing (thoughts) and decided that this was not the place for him.

As far as the 300's go, I still like them but there are far to many of them out there now, just another face in the crowd.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Each to their own, but to me ?

Sad !

Old 08-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a chrome mesh grill on my silver SRT8 and never thought it was a Bentley but knew of a few posers on the Chrysler forums who did crazy crap like that. Saw a picture of a SRT8 with 24" wheels that looked like crap, too.

The chrome mesh looked good, that is why I like the looks of the 07 and up XK's so much.

Attached Thumbnails Why do people driving Chrysler 300's think they're in a Bentley?-lee-srt8front-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh God, I know! I guess the Chrysler is fine in itself, but when people put either mesh grilles or RR Phantom look-alike grilles on them, its pretty silly. With many of these people, it really does seem as though they think other people think they're looking at an RR or Bentley. They think they're king ****. I'd be embarrassed to drive a wannabe car like that.

And the XK/Aston Martin comparison is completely different than the Chrysler/RR/Bentley comparison as many XKs shared major design/engineering and parts as the AMs and were both owned by Ford Motor Co. for several years.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM

The Chrysler 300s are sad because noone buys them because they like a 300 anymore. They just want to feel as close to a real car (Bentley/Rolls Royce) as they can. Its the same with the BMW 528I "M5". I understand the look is better than the stock model look but dont carry the badges to.

The best are the 1994-1995 Civic sedans with the BMW 328 bodys

Old 08-04-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by najags9903
The Chrysler 300s are sad because noone buys them because they like a 300 anymore. They just want to feel as close to a real car (Bentley/Rolls Royce) as they can. Its the same with the BMW 528I "M5". I understand the look is better than the stock model look but dont carry the badges to.

The best are the 1994-1995 Civic sedans with the BMW 328 bodys
Wow! I can't say I've ever seen that before and I own a 328! But, really, that's brutal.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

I think it's perfectly fine if someone adds a different grille, rims, chrome accents to their own cars, BUT it's not fine at all if someone changes the badging on their car.

To each his own.

Quick Reply: Why do people driving Chrysler 300's think they're in a Bentley?