Other Jaguar Models / Concepts / Replicas Do you have a Jaguar model not listed above? This is the place to talk about it!

1996 Jaguar Concept Corsica Heritage Project

Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,618 Likes on 874 Posts
Default 1996 Jaguar Concept Corsica Heritage Project

Putting the Jaguar Deimler Corsica Concept car into running condition Project:

At the beginning of 2006, we began by far the most ambitious project for the JDHT.

The Daimler Corsica Concept car was created in 1996 to celebrate 100 years of Daimler production and was used to showcase the coachbuilding skills of Jaguar Cars. Adapted from a 4-door saloon, this car was modified to be a 2-door convertible.

Finally completed as a static exhibit ( with no powertrain, electrics or other systems), all who saw it expressed their desire to see the car as a fully functional vehicle.

Investigation revealed that at an early stage a running vehicle was envisaged and therefore the bodyshell was strengthened appropriately.

It was then decided that it would be possible to complete the car to running condition.

The challenges were initially to strip to a bare shell this unique vehicle and install (amongst many other things) the engine, gearbox, air-conditioning, ABS and airbags.

It was completed in 2007 in time to appear at the Daimler & Lanchester Owners' Club International Meeting in Wales, the NEC Classic Car show and JEC National Rally at Harewood House.

Please follow the hyperlinks below to see in detail this fascinating project (from start to finish):

Daimler Corsica Project Part 1

Daimler Corsica Part 2

Daimler Corsica Part 3

Daimler Corsica Part 4

Daimler Corsica Part 5

What an XJ X300 model could have been as a convertiable.

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails 1996 Jaguar Concept Corsica Heritage Project-jaguarcorsicaproject.jpg  

Last edited by jimlombardi; 01-24-2013 at 09:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mjones (01-25-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a very handsome motor

Old 05-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face nose job

i realize asking a bit... but could you just take the nose off the 4 door onto the xjs... sorry have not had alot of time yet to look at all the body lines to see if feasible, just like the 4 humps of the lights going back which the older xjs does not have
thx
gord

Old 05-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

I loved this car so much about 5 years ago I purchased a 97 XJ6 that was lightly damaged to make my own. I was however going to make a 2 door coupe. I did talk with someone (I would have to find my notes) at the factory in England that did the conversion. While he wouldn't tell me the exact dimensions of what was cut where I said to him, if I guess where and how much ya cut would you tell me if im correct. He said yes and while I used some general questions as to not be a pain I did get the info I needed and was proceeding forward. I got as far as sectioning the roof, well, cutting the roof section out (was loosing the sunroof on my version) and I had cut the doors which if I remember were being lengthened 4 inches. I had the rear doors measured for cutting and the rocker and floor all measured out also.

Life took a huge turn and I ended up scrapping the car. Whats funny is I still would love to make one and have a full blow bodyshop now to do it now but just don't have the time. This all came to pass because I have owned 3 XJ6C's and 2 since I moved to AZ 6 years ago. I always loved that look and thought the XJ6 (95-2003) bodystyle would look great as one. If I can dig up the notes I have with the guys name I will gladly post it. Its in a box im sure from my move a couple years ago and still hasn't been unpacked. I doubt I have any pics as that laptop crashed a couple years ago and I didn't have it backed up and lost all my images.