PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 Sport Wagon For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 AM
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 Sport Wagon For Sale

Hi everyone!

So it's a somewhat sad day but I have decided that I need to trim the fleet slightly and put together some cash for another project. With that thought in mind the Estate has to go to another home. Many of the Major Services have been done in the last 1500 miles with several new additions in the last month. While the exterior and interior aren't perfect it drives beautifully and the mechanicals are in excellent shape. It pulls strongly and clean in all gears and still makes a great sound. Fully daily driver ready. Clean GA title in hand.

Details and pricing below:

Have the only one like it at your next Cars and Coffee.

2006 Jaguar X-type Sportwagon Estate 3.0
Ebony Black over Champagne interior
104,001 Miles
$4300 OBO

The Great:

only 104,000 miles!!

Major Services done in the last 1500 miles
  • Rear Differential with the correct Mobil 1 oil
  • Center Differential with the correct Mobil 1 oil
  • All 6 spark plugs replaced with Bosch Iriduims, air filter and upper intake manifold gasket done at same time
  • Full transmission flush with 3 passes of the correct Ravenol fluids (four sealed quarts included with purchase for the next pass)
  • Mobil 1 oil change and Bosch filter
  • Full alignment at purchase of new tires
  • New starter
  • New battery
  • Full emissions pass with no issues, no lights on on dash.
Four new Pirelli Cinturato Strada tires with less than 2k on them since purchase and install
17" Volvo rims with correct center caps to replace the wrecked rims from before, fully spin balanced, correct hubcentric rings installed and tracking straight and true.
Brand new full headliner professionally installed this past week, way better looking than my attempt
Full professional detail and wax done this morning and the car looks awesome from 10-12 feet with great paint depth and lots of mirror.
The clouds and surroudings are reflecting shockingly well in the photos as you can see
Interior cleaned up amazingly well with extra clean carpets and seats.
All interior pieces (less the drivers defrost vent) are complete,crack free and properly installed, very few if any rattles or noises inside
Memphis Audio upgrade on all doors with 6" speakers and tweeters in the front and 6" speakers in the rear
Sub works great and still kicks when asked
Factory phone Bluetooth works great with my current Samsung S8 (zero sync issues) and sounds very good
Correct factory aerial found and installed, improving radio reception
AWD works exactly it should with no issues or noises, tore through all the snow we had this year.
Transmission is very strong with no issues
Motor is very strong and and shows no issues of any kind. The new, correctly gapped plugs have definitely woken it up. Pulls strongly in all gears and situations
Ice cold AC and blazing heat (all auto functions working correctly)
Fully rebuilt drivers side front suspension: New control arm, strut, spring, mount, refreshed hub and drive axle to solve what ultimately was a bent strut mount and bearing
Power windows, locks and sunroof all work as they should with auto up, down and lock working correctly
Center stack DVD drive replaced in the last year and working perfectly, all screens work and all functions are available.
Full Cargo cover located from salvage, works perfectly, holds tightly and has cargo / dog net option
Salvage glove box door to replaced damaged original
Replaced center armrest with one with working latches and much less damage
Headlights adjusters repaired with upgraded parts
New headlight lamps installed at repair
Factory lower mesh grill located from a X-Type sport properly installed, chrome upper grill looks great and has aged beautifully

Drives fantastically, tracks straight, no strange noises or leaks, car is bone dry on the bottom. Interior stills looks good for an 12 year old vehicle and still gets complements.

The not as good:

Body has some love on just about every panel. There are the usual scratches but some areas are worse than others. Car is priced accordingly.
The paint has been colour corrected but there are still imperfections, again a great 10' car.
Polishing compound was left on the car to dry prior to my purchase damaging the paint in areas. Two detailers have worked it but there still areas that I am not happy with.
The front bumper still does not fit 100% correctly and this has tweaked the drivers fender liner. Since the new tires went on it rubs occasionally.
The rims look great in my opinion but were used and have some curbing and rash. The detailers did a great job cleaning them up but they aren't perfect
Drivers seat has some wear, not cracked as of yet but should be addressed at some point
The headlight adjusters while working still don't go as far up as I think is necessary. If the bumper were pulled again to refit, I would trim the pieces down to get some more lift.
Phone bluetooth is great but no music bluetooth installed

The Bad:

The tach doesn't work since I tried to change the skin to the green gauges. It is easily repairable by a speedo shop but the car will not run without the cluster and I haven't been able to get it to the shop as it was my daily for the last couple months.
There is a 8" crack in the windshield that forces replacement, car is priced accordingly but I will probably fix it prior to sale
The passenger fog light is missing and I have been unable to get the correct year part in three attempts with salvage

The nitty gritty:
  • Cash is king. Please no checks, crypto or asks for financing
  • PPI's are welcome with advance notice
  • Car is insured, tagged, smogged and ready to test drive.
  • Car will be uninsured at purchase, please be prepared to insure at time of title transfer
  • I am willing to deliver within 150 miles of Atlanta after completed purchase with advance notice, weekends are prefered.

All in all is is great car that I feel very strongly has many miles left in it. I will add all the detail photos to an album for you to view.

Thanks for your time and happy shopping.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:22 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R2...r7LffwSiVQB1AE

link to the detailed photos. thank you all for your interest. Also please note that this is being sold "as is, where is" with all that implies.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Very nice indeed. I've been looking for one of these, but I live in Pennsylvania and have no idea how to check the car out and/or get it back here in any way that makes sense.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:51 PM

Max224, I am certainly open to having a pre-purchase inspection done if that is helpful. There are several companies that work nationally as well as shops in the area that will work with you. Also as to shipping, my employer has recently looked into it and there are several companies (Pilot, etc) that handle all the details. If it boiled down to it I have family in PA that I should visit at some point...