PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

Immaculate 96 XJS Convertible - 57k Pristine!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Immaculate 96 XJS Convertible - 57k Pristine!!

Hey Guys,

Been around here a long time. Came across this car owned by a friend who expressed interest in selling it. I am a licensed NJ used car dealer, however this car is strictly on consignment, and has been owned and garage kept by the previous owner for the last 9 years.

Normally I don't handle this type of request because of the fact that people usually want to get rid of junk, or want way too much for their cars, but when I saw this car and the condition that it was in I was happy to oblige.

This easily has to be one of the cleanest XJS's I have EVER seen. Everything is in absolutely immaculate condition. New tires and battery. No accidents or paintwork period. This is a two owner car. Current owner has had it for 9 years and has put 1300 miles on it. The car has always garage kept and it shows. The wood on the dash doesn't even show any sort of cracking. Unbelievable....

First the one and only flaw:

Everything works, the ONLY thing the car needs is possibly an electrical switch in the emergency brake lever. Basically to put the power top down, the ebrake must be engaged. You have to jiggle the ebrake handle a bit to maintain electrical continuity (so the car thinks the ebrake is up) to keep the top moving.

Now, onto the specifics:

1996 - Last and Best year for the XJS convertible.

Reliable 4.0 straight 6 cyl. No v12 headaches / nightmares.

Automatic Transmission

57,888 Miles

All the usual amenities. Cassette stereo with 6 disc cd changer in the rear.

Car is champagne with oatmeal piped leather seats. Brown roof in pristine condition. The car even has plastic floor mats over the carpet ones to keep everything perfect. This really is a very rare example of how a car should be kept. Car runs and drives 110%.

The car is located in New Jersey. I will have the car at my Hamilton, NJ home within the next day or two. I can sell this one of two ways. Either as an intermediary between the previous owner, and you the purchaser, OR through my dealership, whereby I can then issue a 30 day temp tag to get the new buyer on their way. If you are in NJ and you purchase through the dealer, you have to pay me the sales tax by law. If you are out of state, then you are responsible for your own taxes, etc when you get it home.

The owner is asking a very fair $9500 for this car.

Please give me a call at (609) 712 0042 to discuss the car, or email / PM me.

Now I will let the pictures speak for the car.

Last edited by androulakis; 01-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this still for sale?

Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie n
Is this still for sale?
This one is sold but I have a couple others if you are interested. PM me for details.

Take care,

George