S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 STR Muflfler Delete and Resonator Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 STR Muflfler Delete and Resonator Delete?

Just got an 05 STR , I deleted the mufflers and straight piped it sounds decent... nice growl but its not loud enough. So I was doing research and couldnt understand the X pipe mumbo jumbo, does the X pipe replace the resonator? I saw some guys say they added the x pipe and kept the resonators and some say it replaced it... so its confusing. I was gonna just delete the resonators and straight pipe it but I dont think itll have a clean sound. Also I found a X pipe for a damn good price with good reviews(Link below) X-Pipe, Stamped, Exhaust, Stainless Steel, Natural, 3 in. Diameter, 12 in. Its not the whole setup with the pipes like I see in outher X pipe setups which i believe go all the way including the Cat. Anyways Id apreciate if I can get some feedback cus I want this Kitty to RAWR ASAP
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/j...JqNRoCr1jw_wcB

Old 05-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Cats to muffler to resonators. get some magna flow high flow cats and the true-x pipe from magna flow and delete and replace or keep your stock resonators (they really don't restrict flow that much). add a larger intake for the sc. any putz can put loud exhaust on his car, it's that sc whine that makes your str scary and you can't hear it if you're sounding like a wiener with a 6 cylinder mustang.