S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I up grade my headlight lenses from non HID to the OE hid on the S-type?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Can I up grade my headlight lenses from non HID to the OE hid on the S-type?

I need to replace both of my head light housings. Currently they are not the HID ones that adapt to the road. I've been told that they won't plug and play because the wiring harness is different. I know that when you buy them new the bulb is facing down because it goes through a cycle before it finds it's operating position. I also know that the housing it's self has the HID ballast built into or attached to it.

What I'd like to know is can I manually move the servos to a fixed straight forward position? Or can I remove things inside of them and make something that will fix them in that position? If that were the case. Can I rig the OE HID's that come with them to work on my wiring harness? If not can I gut the OE HID set up and just run some after market HID?

I know all of you are thinking it is more trouble that it's worth, but I love the look of the up dated lenses and any help will be much appreciated.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

You can convert and i do sell them already converted to plug and play into non hid stype. There are just 4 wires to hook up once i rewire them. 2 grounds to chasis, 1 to fuse box power and the other to the drivers side hid unit. Theyre fixed non self leveling since that would be a huge not worth it expense.
I just sold a set here, and currently have 1 set left.
$700 shipped for the pair in the us.