Coolant Job 2003 4.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Box
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Sorry wrong again!

I come from the Lincoln LS side where this failure came much earlier than S Type because Ford sold a lot more LS's especially in 2000. That's why I don't even tell them it's for an S Type. Shop for the LS pump instead.

Get the one you want it's your car!

Still did not answer what the warranty is on the Jaguar branded pump??
It's NOT lifetime. Again make your own choice.

I did.
If you want to argue about a warranty from an aftermarket Chinese producer, have a good time, but I invite you to argue with someone else. Good luck with your "lifetime" warranty. The number of reports on this board of pumps lasting well past 100k speaks for itself. Poor maintenance and improper coolant leads to more failures than pump quality.

Last edited by Box; 02-07-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Lifetime warranty is very appealing, coupled with the fact that it's an easy repair if I do have an issue going forward... I thought you were talking about the radiator though in that post lol.

Still waiting on parts but I'll keep everyone posted. The first shop I took her to has an excellent rep but the quote rattled me, along with the suggestion that I "think about selling the car and moving on" I was told that I can expect the transmission to fail, as well as a blown headgasket, and the worth of the car is just about the $2100 I was quoted, so why throw good money after bad...

I mean real horror story stuff. I had to get her out of there!

Old 02-07-2017, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Box
If you want to argue about a warranty from an aftermarket Chinese producer, have a good time, but I invite you to argue with someone else. Good luck with your "lifetime" warranty. The number of reports on this board of pumps lasting well past 100k speaks for itself. Poor maintenance and improper coolant leads to more failures than pump quality.
Fellas, fellas... Do we need to have a beer summit? I don't think you can really go wrong considering the price of the oem and the third party. If we can get 50-100k miles out of it I think price per mile would be fairly classified as peanuts either way...

Old 02-16-2017, 09:52 AM

Just an update. Replaced water pump, thermostat, and thermostat housing and while it's not gushing, there is still a pretty decent leak. I guess I have more work to do.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Received 174 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Fury
Just an update. Replaced water pump, thermostat, and thermostat housing and while it's not gushing, there is still a pretty decent leak. I guess I have more work to do.
Did you check the crossover pipe in front of the thermostat housing? The best way to find the leak is with dye, but....If you dry everything and let the engine idle at operating temp, you'll see the flow. It may be as small as a drip, but the flow gets bigger as you heat up and drive. Dye is cheap and watching a water system with a bright light takes some patience. FYI, my crossover pipe had a bad oring. It looks like the housing or the pump, but when you see it for the first time, you can't believe you didn't see it early. Good luck...you'll figure it out.

The following users liked this post:
Bryan Fury (02-16-2017)