S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CV Axle - rear passenger - how to replace 2004 S Type

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CV Axle - rear passenger - how to replace 2004 S Type

Good morning - I have never installed a rear passenger side cv axle - can anyone here provide me instruction on how to or give advice - I was in a accident yesterday and believe its broke - the tire wobbles a great deal

Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CV Axle - rear passenger - how to replace 2004 S Type

CV Axle - rear passenger - how to replace 2004 S Type
Good morning - I have never installed a rear passenger side cv axle - can anyone here provide me instruction on how to or give advice - I was in a accident yesterday and believe its broke - the tire wobbles a great deal

Old 11-17-2017, 10:11 AM
GGG
Received 16,791 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Welcome to the forum jagstype2004,

I've merged your two separate threads. Please do NOT multiple post the same question. Be patient and you will get replies.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 11-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Received 12,732 Likes on 6,377 Posts

Originally Posted by jagstype2004
Hi jagstype2004,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums. It's great to have you with us.

The most common symptoms of a failing CV joint are clicking or popping noises, especially while turning. If the CV joint or axle is truly broken, no power will be delivered to the rear wheels because of the way the differential works.

The most common reason a wheel would wobble is that the rim was bent in the accident. You need a good safety inspection by a knowledgeable mechanic to determine which parts have been damaged and will need to be replaced.

Please keep us informed, and we'll look forward to your introduction as mentioned by Graham.

Cheers,

Don