S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diagnostics Are Good! DCCV looks good. Still no heat... Help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,488 Likes on 3,905 Posts

On the later (03+) cars, recirc pressed briefly (it willl beep once) means you only want recirc for a few mins then it cancels. To keep it on you must press and hold until you hear 2 beeps. This is in the handbook. Your era car may well be the same.

The various sensors have been covered in detail in previous threads.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you been to this site http://jaguarclimatecontrol.com/diagnose/ very useful information.

Good luck,
Nick

The following 2 users liked this post by 01stype30:
BugDoc (02-06-2011), heima (10-18-2012)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Received 2,185 Likes on 1,356 Posts

With all this guesstimates youre wasting time. First theres not a fault with the dccv or the ccm, youve already verified proper operation. If the hvac sensor like the evap off or the driver and pass temp sensors are reading erroneously this can and will keep the heat off depending on what they read. I would replace them all , theyre not that expensive at about $30 each at a dealer if memory serves me.
The blend doors are supposed to default open to have heat if a system error or on shut down which is why after 15-20 sitting in the car with the ignition off you can hear the hvac unit "parking" the doors. I would have said a clogged heater core, but you do have flow on the pipes. The valves default to open on the dccv but can stick closed which doesnt seem to be your issue as already talked about. Replace the sensors, 2 on pass and 1 on driver sides of the hvac box, when you get the new ones youll see them if you dont know what youre looking at yet. THERE ARE READINGS TO PIN THE SENSORS AND CORRELATE TO TEMP, BUT I DONT KNOW THEM, I USE IDS AND READ THEM THROUGH THE CCM, IDS ALSO LETS YOU OPERATE ALL THE DOORS AND MONITOR THE DOOR POSTIONS ON SCREEN. SOMETHING THAT A DIAGNOSTIC FEE IN YOUR CASE WOULD BE WELL WORTH IT INSTEAD OF ALL THIS WHAT IF'S AND MAYBE'S.
BUT LIKE I SAID JUST THE COST OF NEW SENSORS WOULD BE LESS THAN A DIAG FEE AND THATS WHERE I WOULD PLACE A BET AT THIS POINT

The following users liked this post:
BugDoc (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Brutal
Replace the sensor, 2 on pass and 1 on driver sides of the hvac box, when you get the new ones youll see them if you dont know what youre looking at yet.
I think he is looking for the sensors and he cant find them.

BugDoc (02-05-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

See post #21

They'll be in JTIS as well, and Brutal's given some help.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I agree with Brutal.

I had a similar issue, and changing out my 3 temp sensors cured them all.

2 on the driver side 1 on the passenger side. my car is an 03, this happened to my 02. I can go take pics of the sensors and post them if you like, the likely culprit is the evap sensor. so Ill post up a pic of the driver side.

BugDoc (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

With all this guesstimates youre wasting time. First theres not a fault with the dccv or the ccm, youve already verified proper operation. If the hvac sensor like the evap off or the driver and pass temp sensors are reading erroneously this can and will keep the heat off depending on what they read. I would replace them all , theyre not that expensive at about $30 each at a dealer if memory serves me.
The blend doors are supposed to default open to have heat if a system error or on shut down which is why after 15-20 sitting in the car with the ignition off you can hear the hvac unit "parking" the doors. I would have said a clogged heater core, but you do have flow on the pipes. The valves default to open on the dccv but can stick closed which doesnt seem to be your issue as already talked about. Replace the sensors, 2 on pass and 1 on driver sides of the hvac box, when you get the new ones youll see them if you dont know what youre looking at yet. THERE ARE READINGS TO PIN THE SENSORS AND CORRELATE TO TEMP, BUT I DONT KNOW THEM, I USE IDS AND READ THEM THROUGH THE CCM, IDS ALSO LETS YOU OPERATE ALL THE DOORS AND MONITOR THE DOOR POSTIONS ON SCREEN. SOMETHING THAT A DIAGNOSTIC FEE IN YOUR CASE WOULD BE WELL WORTH IT INSTEAD OF ALL THIS WHAT IF'S AND MAYBE'S.
BUT LIKE I SAID JUST THE COST OF NEW SENSORS WOULD BE LESS THAN A DIAG FEE AND THATS WHERE I WOULD PLACE A BET AT THIS POINT
Lots of good stuff in there. Thank you Brutal. I'll get online when I get home and see if I can find them. We do not have a Jag dealership anywhere near here. The closest one is over 70 miles away.

Thanks for the direction.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by 01stype30
You are right. I could not seem to find them listed in the search on the JTIS either. I'll do some more looking. The only thing I see that looks like a sensor behind a little grill just above the ignition key. I cleaned it and I am not certain how to change it without removingthe dash. The grill comes off, but there does not look to be enough room to get in there to replace it.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mafioso
I agree with Brutal.

I had a similar issue, and changing out my 3 temp sensors cured them all.

2 on the driver side 1 on the passenger side. my car is an 03, this happened to my 02. I can go take pics of the sensors and post them if you like, the likely culprit is the evap sensor. so Ill post up a pic of the driver side.
If you have time to post a pic that would certainly help me and probably many others in the future too.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Picture of sensors and some info about where they are. I searched on cabin temperature sensor

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...sor#post215201

also

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...sor#post179682

Last edited by JagV8; 02-02-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by jagv8
Picture of sensors and some info about where they are. I searched on cabin temperature sensor

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...sor#post215201

also

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...sor#post179682
Thanks JagV8. All I am finding when I search for "temperature sensor" is a lot of sensors on the engine, fuel rail, air intact, etc. etc.

The only thing close is called a "In-Vehicle Temperature Sensor 82.20.03"

That sensor diagram looks like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But I cannot see that the JTIS indicates that there are three of them? It also gives these instructions for removal.

1. Remove the ignition switch lock cylinder. For additional information, refer to <<211.04>>
2. Disconnect the in car temperature sensor electrical connector.
3. Disconnect the in car temperature suction pipe.
4. Remove the in car temperature sensor.

Is this really the location of one of them? Where are the others? And what do I need to remove to get to them?

Thanks again.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Veteran Member

It's hard for me to use JTIS as I have to find somewhere to run Windoze

Another thread, with some locations. I Searched for
discharge temperature sensor
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...nsor#post93857

Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Default I found them!

Well... I can see the two on the driver's side. But they seem to be in really tightly. Do you twist? Or what? Can I use a screwdriver to pry them out? Any other tips?

Extactly how do you disconnect the electrical connector? I don't want to break either part.

Thanks again.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 2,185 Likes on 1,356 Posts

you pry them out with a small screwdriver, they snap in. and you can use the same small screw driver to depress the electrical connector lock and slide it out

BugDoc (02-05-2011)
Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 PM

Greg,
If you would take a picture of your 3 sensors and post them. I looked for mine to see if I could help you out with the location. I couldn't seem to find them but I only did a quick look.

Thanks and good luck,
Nick

Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by BugDoc
Lots of good stuff in there. Thank you Brutal. I'll get online when I get home and see if I can find them. We do not have a Jag dealership anywhere near here. The closest one is over 70 miles away.

Thanks for the direction.
Just a silly suggestion... Give Dan at Nalley a call... I would do what BRUTAL suggested and just buy all three...

BugDoc (02-05-2011)
Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

I'm gunna pick up all three sensors myself.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:17 AM

you pry them out with a small screwdriver, they snap in. and you can use the same small screw driver to depress the electrical connector lock and slide it out
Thanks Brutal. I'll be out there as soon as it warms up a little bit this morning. I really appreciate your help!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 AM

Greg, If you would take a picture of your 3 sensors and post them. I looked for mine to see if I could help you out with the location. I couldn't seem to find them but I only did a quick look.

Thanks and good luck, Nick
Nick,

I will take some picks before I take them out. They are not visible unless you really get down flat-backed on the floor in front of the driver's seat and twist your head to look up and over. They are on the wall of the center console (up under the dash).

Getting my 265lb frame up under there was a chore!

Oh..... keep your arm away from the chair raised to shoulder height as you fall into that hole on the floor or you will have MUCH difficulty actually getting your hand up to where they are to reach them.

But I will post some pics too.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Just a silly suggestion... Give Dan at Nalley a call... I would do what BRUTAL suggested and just buy all three...
Thanks JO. I am certain I will be calling Dan on Monday. But I guess I am a cheap-skate. I always like to look before I leap. Some of the threads I read said that if I switch them around the fault should migrate as the bad one migrates. So I want to do a little more diagnosis before I buy.

The other thing that has me being cautious is that when we bought the car about 3 winters ago, there was a melted "crayon smell" in the car. That's what all our son's friends described it as... It was really strong.

So I am thinking that something more than a sensor may have gone bad. I don't know if the PO had a kid that sent a crayola down the heater vent on the dash that sealed the mixer actuator door or what...

Since I live in Texas, we rarely use the heat side of climate control. This year (this last month or so) has been an exception. But last week I was riding my motorcycle and loving it!

With the help of you all, I know I'll get this problem resolved.

Last edited by BugDoc; 02-06-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Diagnostics Are Good! DCCV looks good. Still no heat... Help me out!