S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Park Brake - Pin Out / Wiring details required.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Park Brake - Pin Out / Wiring details required.

Hi guys,

I've installed a new stereo - a Kenwood DDX-8024BT. This has the ability to play DVDs and video from a USB device, an iPod or an SD card. The only thing is that it will not show the video if the handbrake isn't engaged (there is a signal wire in the stereo wiring adaptor that is supposed to be attached to the handbrake warning light switch). In this case, you get the sound, but a blue screen with a warning that the brake is off.

The problem is, where is the equivalent of the handbrake light switch in the electronic park brake?

Hence the need for the pin out / wiring diagram for the EPB so I can work out which line I need to tap to get the brake signal.

So, if any one can help, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Old 01-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Just wire in a toggle switch to ground. That way you can just disable it whenever you want. Or google Kenwood DVD Bypass...
Originally Posted by greatoldone
Hi guys,

I've installed a new stereo - a Kenwood DDX-8024BT. This has the ability to play DVDs and video from a USB device, an iPod or an SD card. The only thing is that it will not show the video if the handbrake isn't engaged (there is a signal wire in the stereo wiring adaptor that is supposed to be attached to the handbrake warning light switch). In this case, you get the sound, but a blue screen with a warning that the brake is off.

The problem is, where is the equivalent of the handbrake light switch in the electronic park brake?

Hence the need for the pin out / wiring diagram for the EPB so I can work out which line I need to tap to get the brake signal.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Just wire in a toggle switch to ground. That way you can just disable it whenever you want. Or google Kenwood DVD Bypass...
Originally Posted by greatoldone
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Old 01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

all it needs to see is a ground signal and the video can be seen whenever