S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-rise Lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Mid-rise Lift

When I was shopping for lift options, I found specifics to feasibilitya little short of providing complete confidence in my plan. I got this Atlasmid-rise and I can report that this is perfect for our S-Types and more too.

I have 10 foot ceilings in my garage but the door openersets the height limit same as a standard garage. The height of the lift at restcauses a need for runways to be placed on each side. I made them wide enoughthat it is no issue parking atop it every day. I made them out of 2x10 and 2x12pressure treat, but would probably use masonry caulking and large paver stonesif I were to do a set up again. I can put my rocker panel at 40 inches and Iwill tell you it is a night and day experience. You also need 6 hockey pucks,but the 4 specific S-Type lift points hit perfectly.

Bigger cars aren’t a problem and you can see my Lincoln raisedas well. It does the wife’s SUV too, though obviously not as high because ofthe opener. Greg Smith sells these for $1500 but I grabbed this one year oldlift off Craigslist for $1100. Get yourself one of these, I promise you willlove it.

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (09-22-2016)