S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So why does the coolant hose go to the intake here on the STR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 476 Likes on 366 Posts
Default So why does the coolant hose go to the intake here on the STR?

This port on the supercharger intake goes nowhere! I want to remove the TEE and put in a pipe and eliminate that line from heating the intake.

Whatcha think?

2006 STR

Old 07-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts

That's for intercooler coolant circuit burping. Get a new seal ring for it. My intercoolers also have small ones at the front corner on the inside corners on top. Those are small. I've never used those. You don't seem to have them. I wouldn't delete this as it acts as a high point for that circuit which has it's own pump and radiator but is tied into the main cooling system just not for circulation.

If you've got one of hose pressure evacuation/fill tools for the cooling system maybe it's not needed.

I want to get one that works with my Jag-Stant adapter but I'm not sure which one. The crummy Chinese one's all get bad reviews.

My best friend's company makes all of these coolant service adapters for Snap-On and others. I'd ask him but he died suddenly at the end of May before my latest S-Type service adventure began. ...

Given the number of screwy coolant system parts and hoses in this car I think this is probably a good thing to have. I've done it the old fashioned way though ...

Old 07-13-2019, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 476 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
That's for intercooler coolant circuit burping. Get a new seal ring for it. My intercoolers also have small ones at the front corner on the inside corners on top. Those are small. I've never used those. You don't seem to have them. I wouldn't delete this as it acts as a high point for that circuit which has it's own pump and radiator but is tied into the main cooling system just not for circulation.

If you've got one of hose pressure evacuation/fill tools for the cooling system maybe it's not needed.

I want to get one that works with my Jag-Stant adapter but I'm not sure which one. The crummy Chinese one's all get bad reviews.

My best friend's company makes all of these coolant service adapters for Snap-On and others. I'd ask him but he died suddenly at the end of May before my latest S-Type service adventure began. ...

Given the number of screwy coolant system parts and hoses in this car I think this is probably a good thing to have. I've done it the old fashioned way though ...
Ive got a stant radiator tester too. but its missing some parts.. i'll go snap a pic