Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck in park...neutral switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,497 Likes on 3,912 Posts

You're right.

There's a posting before, which refers to a TSB I think, about how to override the interlock. You take quite a bit of the area round the lever apart as a first step. Have a Search.

It will only let you drive it if the interlock concerned IS the problem. Any of the other items mentioned would probably still leave you with the problem.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

SO the car went into the dealer today. Evidently after plugging it into the diagnostic tool and clearing all codes, the crazy thing "unjammed". The Service writer said they literally have no idea what was wrong or exactly how they fixed it. And also in their words, it "could never happen again or happen again tomorrow."

I am pretty bewildered as to how a shop full of certified jag mechanics don't know what went wrong much less how they "fixed" it.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ohsigmachi
SO the car went into the dealer today. Evidently after plugging it into the diagnostic tool and clearing all codes, the crazy thing "unjammed". The Service writer said they literally have no idea what was wrong or exactly how they fixed it. And also in their words, it "could never happen again or happen again tomorrow."

I am pretty bewildered as to how a shop full of certified jag mechanics don't know what went wrong much less how they "fixed" it.
Well that sucks, having the same exact car it's always nice to find a solution to these sort of problems, that way when it happens to me or somebody else we have a really good idea how to fix it!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 216 Likes on 128 Posts

I think the Jag was just scared of that dealership. She didnt want those guys touching her so she fixed herself. Maybe it was your Jags time of the month and she finished when she got to the dealership.
Or maybe Chuck Norris was looking at XFR's and your Jag saw him and for fear of getting roundhouse kicked to the grill essentially totally her she decided to quit being so fussy.
Just hypothesises.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys im sorry that I havent posted a folloup to my original issue as I certianly dont want to leave anyone hanging. I have not yet found the solution on my car. As I mentioned before I simply have the cigarette charger end of a cell phone charger spliced into the selenoid forcing power to it. Ive had it that way for months now. Ive checked the break switches and they are fine so im at a loss. The good news is the cigarette lighter trick works great so if someone needs an imediate solution you can try that (let me know if you need help). Again im sorry for not following up I just dont have a solution yet. Thanks for the great site.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for the update! If you get it fixed please let us know what they did.

Originally Posted by king03stypeR
Guys im sorry that I havent posted a folloup to my original issue as I certianly dont want to leave anyone hanging. I have not yet found the solution on my car. As I mentioned before I simply have the cigarette charger end of a cell phone charger spliced into the selenoid forcing power to it. Ive had it that way for months now. Ive checked the break switches and they are fine so im at a loss. The good news is the cigarette lighter trick works great so if someone needs an imediate solution you can try that (let me know if you need help). Again im sorry for not following up I just dont have a solution yet. Thanks for the great site.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I had lift my console up to check my Solenoid, and it is pretty hot. Is that normal or a sign of something?? Reply asap. thanks

Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about a hot solenoid I'm afraid but I had this problem on my 3.0 a couple of weeks ago, I just couldn't get it out of Park. I turned it off and on again (seriously!) and it worked fine, and hasn't done it again since. Weird...