Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 vs V8 S-type

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by AdzBo
Firstly the HID's are aftermarket on my car. Brought the kit off of HIDS4U.co.uk for roughly £110 +p&p. Secondly, the car was re-mapped by the previous owner by Sean Hollemby over at AMD essex. I know that they are a major user of Superchip products thus have assumed that the ECU upgrade is a superchip. It is more than posible that it is from another company.

Before buying my S, I drove various 3.0s, both sports and SE's. Driving my car compared to another 3.0, you can notice a difference in performance.

Compared to the V8, there wasn't a significant performance difference. The other point I was trying to make was the fact that my car also felt more agile and the steering more direct. I suspect this is down to less weight out front. So if someone were to re-read my first summary (JagV8) you'll realise that I was also talking about handling.

Oh and in this economical climate that we are in, I cannot find any reason to change from my V6 to a NA V8. STR then yes, I could justify.

Lastly, in terms of BHP + Torque for my car, the last time she was rolling roaded was straight after the ECU remap and figures according to previous owner are 256.4BHP at the rear wheels with 251 lb/ft of Torque. Since the remap the auto 'box' has been rebuilt with new a new torque converter. I've added a pipercross airfilter and had the engine de-carbonned by one of those new machines by a company based Bristol way.
AdzBo,

How does the overall driveability of your modded V6 compare to when it was strictly stock?

How much (if any) was your gas mileage impacted?