Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARRANTY . . . . EXTEND or NOT

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARRANTY . . . . EXTEND or NOT

My 2006 Jaguar S-Type has 43k Miles.

I am debating on wether to sale it or keep it. The only reason I am considering selling it is because the warranty is about to expire.

So my question is this:

Who on this BB has a 2005 - 2006 Jaguar with over 50 K miles.
And what repairs am I looking at over the next 'say" 30 K miles.
What should a Extended Warranty Cost "I have not called yet".

The only issues I have had to date with the car has always been Computer Related.

The nice thing about my Jaguar is I have yet to see another one that looks
like mine.

Black on Black on Black

Thanks for all your help in Advance.

Cajun Mojo

Old 02-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Hi Cajun Mojo,

I would recommend shopping for an extended warranty if you are happy with your current car. It is generally more expensive to replace your current car especially if you are upside down on a loan. The black on black combination is fairly popular so I would recommend keeping with your current car.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Received 2,185 Likes on 1,356 Posts

I see alot more people now more than ever maintaining and fixing their cars instead of buying new ones, you can get a ext warrant thats transferable, and or also ones out there that refund unused portions youve paid.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default extended warranty

Here's my .02. I purchased my 2006 4.2 new and have put slightly over 50k miles as of today. I change oil every 5k and have had an oil analysis done at every change. The AJ8 engine, according to the analysis, is in excellent shape. I like the design; haven't warmed up to the new XF. I know, style is personal, but if you took the leaper off the trunk on the new XF, it would look like the generic lexnisbimacctoy...etc generic slab sided see them everywhere vehicle. So, whatever the S may be, it does look like a Jag and I continue to get compliments when I travel. And, speaking of travel, this is one hell of a road car. I can jump in and
put on 2k and not feel tired.

All the more reason to keep it. I ponied up for the Jag Extra Mile Warranty
which cost roughly 3 grand, after a 1 grand rebate. Bumper to bumper, except shocks...why the hell they refuse to cover shocks, I don't know...with towing, etc., etc. Oh yeah, 100K and 7 years, and $50 deductible.

Essentially, I like the car, and, because nothing depreciates faster than a Jag, it would be pointless to try to trade it in this economy, and, because I don't like the XF, it seemed to make sense to keep it.

Now, I STRONGLY recommend that you obtain a copy of all technical service bulletins related to your vehicle before the warranty expires. There may be some significant problems that you would want to have fixed prior to the 50K end of your factory warranty.

Me? Hell, I may try to set a record and put 250K miles on this thing.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default extended warranty

Almost forgot. With your miles, the rear brake pads are probably down to
1 or 2 mm. It's that electric parking brake, I'm told. Anyway, I had the rear pads changed at 49k. Put Jag pads on and purchased new disks for approx. $60 each. The disks are manufactured by Eurospare to British
specs. In essence, the cost was 1/3 of what the dealer quoted. The pads/disks are very easy to replace in case you want to save even more by doing the job yourself. It appears Jaguar dealers haven't realized we're in a recession.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 2,185 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by cliff328
. It appears Jaguar dealers haven't realized we're in a recession.
really? I thought things are better than ever, other than my stocks and 401k....business is great, and we sell great pads for about the same $120 as others exp ones too. last I checked we dont try to sell calipers(brembo)(for pad drag? clean and lube the slides moron) to Stype R customers when coming in for brake work $99. front and rear, like I want those on my car!!! like a friend of mine was about to get gouged for and Just Rapes. Then I asked him WTF was he even doing there when I would do it for him....uh I didnt want to bother you...yeah ok whatever, go buy the beer, hand me tools, tip me, and comp me a couple drinks next time Im at your club. And we'll call it a trade....