S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think? (max advanced breaks slotted)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think? (max advanced breaks slotted)

So just got car and thought id slap some new brakes on there. The most important thing to me is safety both mine and other motorists. However i would like to add a little style to my cat. So I found these pads and rotors on ebay. from my own research they seem to being doing fine for others ill leave the link below.
Max advanced brakes is what they are called they look nice anyone familiar with this unit? or have any suggestions for alternate slotted brakes?

Front Rear Kit Black Slotted Drilled Brake Rotors and Carbon Metallic Pads | eBay

Old 02-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jimmy. Congrats on the new to you S Type.

There are many, many threads that discuss standard, slotted, drilled, drilled and slotted rotors etc.... The same goes for pads as well. I am not saying do a search but this is what I have to offer.

Its your vehicle so you add anything you like to it to make it yours. Now you really want to make the right choice on pad material. S types are notorious for creating copious amounts of brake dust! For that fact there are many owners here that have switched to ceramics including myself.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Received 4,438 Likes on 2,422 Posts

They seem really cheap. I'd go as far as saying too cheap. Way too cheap for a "performance" product... I would not put those rotors/pads on my own vehicle...

Drilled discs on a street car serve little purpose apart from bling, and if you hammer them too hard they will probably crack between the holes.

In my experience, the best rotors for our cars if you want some improvement

Centric "High Carbon"
R1 Concepts "Premier Line"
brakeperformance.com "Black"

These are the discs with the black "electro-coating" on the bells and inside the vanes. Also the high-carbon content iron wears better if you use a more aggressive pad i.e. ceramics if you want less dust. If you have aggressive pads on standard rotors then the rotors wear faster because pads don't. Something's gotta give...

Plain discs without drilling or slotting are fine for a street car.

If you want bling that has some actual performance benefit, then go for slotted only; no drilling.

For pads, I use EBC Redstuff and Yellowstuff myself, but unless you are going out on a racetrack you probably don't need the Yellows. Other ceramic pads like Akebono are ok too. I don't have experience with "semi-metallic" pads but either way I would not use an uprated pad on a regular or poor-quality rotor.

That's my opinion anyhow.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (02-05-2015), West Aussie (02-05-2015)