X type half leather seat project

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question X type half leather seat project

Hi all hoping someone can shed some light on the wiring of both n/s front and o/s side electric seats there's trimmed in half leather. I believe they are out of a x type and I'm prob gunna get some ribbing now but I'm fabricating them to fit into a vw caddy camper van. I'm stumped at the minute as the looms are missing and from what info I have gathered they are fitted with airbags and pre tensioner which I will have to deactivate and swap out for the vw ones. I'm just really hoping somebody could help me with somehow bypassing the modules so each seat is hard wired to a ignition live. Many thanks mike

Old 02-06-2017, 03:02 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ob1canoby,

For safety and ease of identification, Jaguar seats fitted with airbags have a small AIRBAG tag stitched into the seat back seam nearest the door.

Pyrotechnic pre-tensioners are in the seat belt assembly so if you aren't using the Jaguar belts, this can be ignored.

The wiring depends on model and year. There's several seat options for X-Type alone and this increases if the seat are from one of the XJ's. any sign of a Part Number on them?

Graham

Old 02-06-2017, 01:53 PM

Hi thanks for the fast reply graham, I've had a closer look today and looks like all the modules and appropriate bits are still attached as the loom has been cut just after the modules. I will upload so pictures any input would be very much appreciated many thanks mike.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:31 AM
GGG

The labels don't match up to Jaguar Part Numbers but do indicate the seats have airbags.

Not knowing the Model Year is a problem because the electrical schematics are for up to 2004 and from 2004 onwards.

There's no point in giving you just the extracts for the actual seat because the schematics link to multiple pages where the circuit integrates with other components.

The files are big and can't be attached to forum posts so I've put them on my MediaFire account:

1. X-Type Electrical Guide to 2004 (5.2mB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/68lobv...de_to_2004.pdf

2. X-Type Electrical Guide from 2004 (6.46 mB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mysd3x...04_onwards.pdf

If you don't have a MediaFire account you may have to sign up for the free account option to be able to download them.

Graham

Old 02-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Hi thanks for the reply they are out of a 2006 x type jag that's all I know regards mike

Old 02-07-2017, 01:53 PM

Hi just been looking at post 2004 manual can any one explain fig11.1-11.6 this seems to be seat information but I don't have a clue what it all means I basically need to know what each wire does and the colours and which is going to be the best way to wire this to a ignition live of my choice many thanks mike

Old 02-07-2017, 05:23 PM
GGG

The components in the schematics are all named and the harness wires are labelled with standard colour coding where the first letter is the main colour and the second letter is the stripe:

B = Black G = Green
K = Pink
N = Brown
O = Orange
P = Purple
R = Red
S = Slate
U = Blue
W = White
Y = Yellow

Graham

Old 02-10-2017, 03:06 AM

Thank you for that I will see what I can do with it. Thank you for you input graham very much appreciated