X-Type Sport D Electrical errors

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Type Sport D Electrical errors

Hi Guys
I have to say I am new to this Forum.
I receintly bought a 2004 X-Type Sport D. It had been sitting for some six or seven months on my neighbors drive. Anyway I always wanted one so managed to aquire it.
It needed a little doing to it before going through an MOT namely new brake discs and pads new tyres ETC. Anyway that all done it sailed through the MOT and I have been very pleased with it, but now? Well I have an electrical problem which a Auto Technition couldn't work out.
Light on the dash flash on and the rev counter stops working. This happens intermittintly but the car continues to drive ok. When I put a Diagnostic iCarsoft i930 I get the following
Engine Control Module
P0500 Vehicle speed sensor 'A' circuit malfunction
P1260 Security imput / theft detected Vehicle imobilised / theft detected - engine dissabled
P1637 CAN link engine control module ABS control module circuit / network malfunction
U1900 CAN communication BUS fault passive anti theft system
U2202 Invalid configuration data received.
B2141 Non - Volatile memory configuration failure
B1262 Defrost servo motor-circuit failure
B1236 Vent servo motor-circuit failure
B1239 Airflow blend door accuator - circuit failure.
What an introductiont to the Jaguar X-Type.
If any one has any ideas I would love to hear them.
thanks

Old 06-26-2017, 03:30 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Hi there - you are likely best posting this in the X-Type section where all the X-Type owners and guru's hang out :-) Meanwhile my very first thought is to check the battery voltage, and earthing as that can cause all sorts of issues...

Also, it is recommended that you drop a post to introduce yourself and your X-Type in the https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...-intro-must-5/ section, & to help with any responses please update your signature with your X-Type details etc..

Welcome to the world of Jaguar, and our forum - the home of Jaguar owners and fans worldwide :-)

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 06-26-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:42 PM
GGG
Received 16,767 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Originally Posted by *******
Hi Guys
I have to say I am new to this Forum. .....
Welcome to the forum *******,

I see you've asked this question in X-Type forum and have had some replies.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham