US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Oct 03 Event -- Diamond Back & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Oct 03 Event -- Diamond Back & More

Hello, all of you USA Lower Atlantic (NC, SC, GA & FL)members. Especially those in NW SouthCarolina and mid to western North Carolina. On October 03, 2015, Table Rock Sports Car Club is sponsoring a charityevent, called Touring JOARA. Joinautomotive enthusiasts from all over this part of the country, in touring the NorthCarolina Mountains and foothills, in and around the Morganton NC area. The proceeds benefit the Exploring JoaraFoundation, a nonprofit organization that supports public archaeology in theCatawba and Yadkin river valleys.

Out of the 79 names on the Roll Call, a rough count shows about 15 of us within a couple of hours of the Event's starting point.

I’m trying to drum up some interest and get a few moreJaguars to attend. I’ve participated forthe last 4 years and am a bit lonely as I’ve been the only Jaguar to show. It’s not a race. There will be stops on the tour whereparticipants can check-in and pick up poker cards, which are “played” at theend of the day with winners being awarded prizes donated by the sponsors.

Registration and check-in will be at Catawba Meadows Park,starting at 7:30 am to 8:45 am. TheExploring Joara Presentation will be at 8:45 am, with a Driver’s meeting at9:10am. Tour vehicles will roll out at9:30 am – sharp! After leaving CatawbaMeadows Park, where you’d pick up your first card, the planned route will coverapproximately 100 miles and end at South Creek Vineyards & Winery, NeboN.C. The route planners will take us onsome of the most scenic and historic roads in Western North Carolina and willinclude Hwy 181 and 226 A “The Diamond Back”.

A highlight of the tour will be information on the “dig” andan understanding of how the Native Americans where living when Juan Pardoarrived with the settlers in 1567.

Last year there were over 100 cars participating. If you’re interested in making the drive,please contact me and I’ll be sure that you get the registration forms and allup to date information about the event. The entrance fee is $25.00 per car.

I am not a member of the Table Rock Sports Car Club, but Iparticipate in this event every year. I’djust like to share the fun and see if we can get a few more Jaguars to “growl”around the mountain roads.

Let me know.

Lou Janis
KingFala@aol.com

Old 08-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

<p>&nbsp;</p><p>Lou - sounds like a fun event - will check my schedule and let you know&nbsp;- hopefully several others can participate as well!</p><p>&nbsp;</p>