US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Any Jag Techs near Va Beach on Here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any Jag Techs near Va Beach on Here?

I am looking for a technician for my 2004 X Type to do any work on my car that my ex can't do. He's a mechanic but doesn't want to do the big jobs if I need them done. I live in Virginia Beach.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Bay, define "close". I am north of you by about 3 hours. I'm up near Great Mills, MD. It isn't that bad of a drive as I moved from Norfolk. If you need someone to work on your car, let me know. There isn't a lot that I am not willing to tackle. Granted, I do draw the line at certain things due to their complexity (ie, engine rebuild, tranny rebuild, complete car repaint, etc). But, most anything else is fair game.

On a side note, if you want to meet up and talk cars, there is a get together that is being planned up in Richmond on Sept 18th. It is a Jag only car show. Come on up and we'll meet and talk cars. If you are interested, look at the top post for this section and put your name on the list. This should be an interesting show.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 PM

Close is relative to how bad the problem with the car is, I suppose. lol I don't have any problems with it right now if the trouble code for the throttle pedal sensor will stay away. It's been replaced but the code came back and was cleared again.

I don't have any major issues with the body or engine or transmission anything. I mostly want to know what needs to been done in the future and be ready for it and get all the fluids changed out.

The car show on the 18th sounds like a lot of fun... if the car will get there without trouble! lol

Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 AM

I have an update on getting to Richmond. The car rouble lights are back on and it's going into limp mode. I'm waiting for the dealership to call me back about the part. Looks like I won't be able to get to the car show unless the problem is resolved before the weekend. I've never been to a Jag car show; it sounds wonderful!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Jo, if you make it up there, I will be wearing a nautical T-shirt. It is a navy blue shirt that the back of it is a big "Shellback" scene. When you see it, you will know it is me. The back of the shirt even says "Shellback". Just yell "THERMO" and I will turn and look.

If you are looking at the Jags in the area, you will be able to spot my X-Type as I am the only one with a rear end like I have. All the chrome lettering has been removed and all the chrome has been removed too. The only thing that is chrome is the word "JAGUAR" over the license plate. By the way, my car is British Racing Green. Fairly popular color, but with the back of the car the way it is, it will be easy to tell it is me.

Worst case, if you want my cell phone number, I will send it your way.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maggie, If you ever have problems with your take it here in Virgina Beach, over off of Northhampton Blvd. I have been taking my 1990 XJ6 there for 4 years, great service, better than a dealer and much quicker.

If you have a bently, they work on those also. hahaha
http://abacusracing.com/

The following users liked this post:
wasp69 (07-31-2012)
Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dgood
Maggie, If you ever have problems with your take it here in Virgina Beach, over off of Northhampton Blvd. I have been taking my 1990 XJ6 there for 4 years, great service, better than a dealer and much quicker.

If you have a bently, they work on those also. hahaha
http://abacusracing.com/

I second this! Great guys over at Abacus.