US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Norfolk, VA here

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts
Default Norfolk, VA here

Hi all, I just bought a 2003 X-type and am looking to get involved with an online club to further my knowledge of the new car and also to provide help to others. If anyone also owns and Ford truck and is familiar with the FordtruckWorld group. then they are familiar with me. I have already gotten a service CD for the car and am looking it over to find out all the details on the car as the owner's manual was not with the car when I bought it. I have a few buttons that I am not sure what they are for (specifically the "S" button on the center console, to the left of the shift lever, I think it is for the suspension, but not 100% sure or when I would want to turn it on/off). But, beyond that, when it comes to vehicles, I like to learn as much as I can about them.

I hope to hear from other people and help spread information about the cars to each other.

Chris "Thermo" Coleman

Old 05-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts
Default RE: Norfolk, VA here

The "S" button if for the Sport mode. It will change throttle response and hold the shift points longer.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Chris,

I'm Jon, I go to Hampton University for pharmacy school so you're right around the corner from me. We'll link up sometime. Look for the topaz S Type.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

Jon, I drive up to Newport News Shipyard every day. So, if you see a British Racing Green X-type flying up I-64/664, then it is probably me. I haven't seen a lot of X-types up on the Hampton side of the water unless you get way up near Williamsburg. Even then, not a lot out there.

If you ever need any help with your car, don't be afraid to ask. I have a lot of tools at my place and am pretty good with both mechanical and electrical stuff (electronics tech by trade, mechanic at heart). My service CD will also cover your vehicle, so, if you need anything, just hollar.

Chris "Thermo" Coleman

Old 05-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Chris,

Sounds good! I'm always finding some trouble to get into with the S Type. I'm trying to see what I want to do next with mine. I'm considering a set of S Type R wheels, or a set of Coventry's.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

If you need any help with painting or repairs, just hollar. I'm in the middle of doing some painting to my car (air splitter on the front of the car, underhood plastic trim). I'll see what else there is to play with here in the near future. I'm contemplating adding some green LEDs to the clear lenses of the car to give it a green glow when I park it. Thought it would be interesting as the car is the British green.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:30 AM

Sounds like some interesting additions, might be interesting to see how that turns out. That sounds sweet though, I'll hold you to it if I ever need anything done.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 AM

As a matter of fact, I may try to figure out something to do with the brakes sometime this summer. If I'm in town and need a little help I'll look you up. The squeal is killing me!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

The brakes are easy once you figure out how to push in the brake calipers. That shouldn't be a problem once we get the tool. I am always looking for a reason to get a new tool or two. He he he he he. Let me know when and we can go from there. You can e-mail me directly at thermomonkey@yahoo.com

Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 PM

Yeah I did it once with a C Clamp and it worked out fine. I just have an issue with heavy braking I think is the issue. Somehow the brake rotors are warping.[:@] It's kind of slowing me down because I was hoping to try to get my nav set up this summer too. I think II may still do it- but I keep getting held up with my plans. Darn work!

Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a good audio shop to do custom work in the area? I am looking into a DVD/Nav unit for road trips etc. for the S Type.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

I do stereo install on the side. So, if you are looking to learn a little bit, then come on over and we will get it installed for you. I'm sure it won't be that hard of a thing to make. Worst case, I have a lot of stuff in my garage to make the brackets necessary to make it all work.

Chris "Thermo" Coleman

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 AM

LOL actually, I think I may have it done before I come home now. My cousin's shop is giving me a hookup in ATL.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Veteran member

That is fine. It is your car. I have fun donig stereo installs. My truck for awhile had karaoke in it. that was a fun toy to have. I also design subwoofer boxes and build them. Amazing how much wrong data is out there floating around that the manufacturers are publishing. So, if you are looking to get a bit more in the stereo department, don't be afraid to pick my brain. I'm about to post a "how to" over on http://www.virtualford.org on how to design a stereo system. Some might find it interesting, others might think I am getting to tech in what I have planned.

Chris "Thermo" Coleman

Old 06-25-2008, 02:57 PM

LOL I suppose that's where we differ- I know next to nothing about stereo installs, wiring etc. I mean, I can do the basics, but that's about it. I'm just trying to get it done soon so I can get on with the rest of the plans!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new

hey wats up guys, im new to the jag world and im located in norfolk and im looking for some jag guys to hook up with in the area let me know whats up im looking to hook a system up soon, im also into car audio and video too, 2322544 call r tx

Old 06-27-2010, 08:32 PM

00 xjr supercharged in the virgina beach area....

Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Veteran member

Just to put out a reminder, there will be the Concours d'Elegance up in Richmond in the middle of September. A few of us from the DC/MD/VA area are planning on getting together and take a look at all the Jags that will be at the show. The show is dedicated just to Jags (no other makes are allowed). Last years event was quite the show. As the time gets closer, I will put out a list of when where how.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 AM

WOW, that sounds great....

Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my 3rd Jag after a couple years of owning something "else". I'm down in Chesapeake...anyone know of a good, dependable Jaguar mechanic for the record?

Dave

Quick Reply: Norfolk, VA here