US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I do know summer is over. But any1 interested in having a meet in Oct or early Nov before cold winter comes?

It could even be a group of us getting together for lunch or dinner!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be open based on time and location.

I'm far west in the Fox Valley area.

I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Received 293 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm in the Fox Valley areas too, but after the last disasterous meet where only me and another guy turned up after weeks of prompting/planning and I had to drive all the way to skokie,I don't think I'm up for it again. Besides my Jags diff has broken so I'm trying to focus on my other projects.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Count Iblis
I'm in the Fox Valley areas too, but after the last disasterous meet where only me and another guy turned up after weeks of prompting/planning and I had to drive all the way to skokie,I don't think I'm up for it again. Besides my Jags diff has broken so I'm trying to focus on my other projects.

Yes, sorry 4 people canceled out that meet in the last week before meet was held. We learn from our mistakes (me in particular =( ) i havnt had a meet since my old BMW meet days.

When the only way to communicate is by the forum, its hard to get in touch with everyone. I do know that you had no net access at the time. Next time we will swap phone #'s and/or emails.

Sorry it didnt work out for you! Either way i hope you get that jags diff. working soon!

Last edited by hefeweize; 09-24-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Iblis
When was this meet? I didn't get on the forum much recently but had I known about I would have tried to make it. Next time plan it well in advance and get positive confirmation of all people going the evening before. Will kind of be the odd man out without a cat but I can still check out other member's rides.

Last edited by AJ16er; 09-25-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Hefe
We drove up Sept 10th to Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin to meet the Rockford's British Boots & Bonnets. I would be happy to help you organize a fall run. What we've done is get everybody's cell phone numbers and confirm the day before. We'll pick up people on the way. I live 150 miles west of Chicago in the Quad Cities. Would probably come up I-88 The only weekend I wouldn't be able to would be October 22 We have a wedding.
Here's pictures of the event
https://picasaweb.google.com/qclotus...gWeekendDrive#
Here's a Video
BBB Long Weekend Drive 2011 - YouTube
Let me know How you want to proceed.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by RCSign
Hefe
We drove up Sept 10th to Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin to meet the Rockford's British Boots & Bonnets. I would be happy to help you organize a fall run. What we've done is get everybody's cell phone numbers and confirm the day before. We'll pick up people on the way. I live 150 miles west of Chicago in the Quad Cities. Would probably come up I-88 The only weekend I wouldn't be able to would be October 22 We have a wedding.
Here's pictures of the event
https://picasaweb.google.com/qclotus...gWeekendDrive#
Here's a Video
BBB Long Weekend Drive 2011 - YouTube
Let me know How you want to proceed.

Fantastic pictures + Meet. You guys sure know how to have a good time! I also will be unavailable after Oct 22 - 28. im also attending a charity ball Sat, Oct 15. Besides that i am free Fri,Sat,Sun of October. I just need a advance date. I might be moving in OCT or early Nov just waiting on the banks approval of my offer, i doubt that it will happen on a Sat or Sun. But i will make it to any date besides mentioned above!

If your willing to help set something up lets do it! Maybe you should take the lead! You have better experience than me and your pictures and past events proves it!

(PS: Supercar Saturday Meet is 2morro Oct 1st!! <-- i wish i knew they were having a Oct meet. This would have been a perfect chance for all of us to meet together and roll our Jaguars in together. I dunno if anyone is up for it as its a LAAATE notice. no registration needed. DevilJag and I met here a couple times and had alot of fun. The event is great with all different types of cars

Supercarsaturdays.com

Last edited by hefeweize; 09-30-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Hefe
The month is passing quickly, I would suggest we try for a Spring meet. We have met the Chicago Austin Healey Club at White Pines Forest state park up by Stratford, Ill. There is a Sunday morning buffet at the parks Inn that's superb. There are numerous back roads.This is just an idea.
We went to Mount Carroll Il last weekend there was five of us. There's some real nice back roads just outside of town. I'll post some pictures shortly.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Excited to see pics! Lets go for this Spring is our next event. Its been a really busy year for me and many of us.

By next year we will probably have 20 more Illinois members! Ya!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Here's the pictures from our run to Mt Carroll, Illinois The back road up there was nice driving plenty of curves and hills.

Attached Thumbnails Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )-fallcolor2011b.jpg   Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )-fallcolor2011c.jpg   Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )-fallcolor2011d.jpg   Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )-fallcolor2011e.jpg   Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )-fallcolor2011f.jpg  

Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )-fallcolor2011g.jpg   Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )-fallcolor2011a.jpg  
Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM

Awesome. I love the 2nd picture! Im anxious to do a meet next year!

Old 12-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2012 outing

hey all, brand new to the forum. Just tracked this one and would love to get into a Spring rally of some kind as well. Northwestern Chicago suburbs so the locales in the thread thus far seem great! Would also love to learn from anyone how I can get onto a track with my new cat!

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Blackcat1
Welcome to the forum, We'll try to organize a meet this Spring. Let us know what your driving. You'll find out this forum amazing and there are a lot of good people involved.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar Meet in 2012

Hi All,
New member here. Just saw this trail of chats and wanted to see if there is anything scheduled for Spring/Summer of 2012 for a rally with Midwestern (Chicago Suburbs) area? Also, wondering if anyone has good recommendations for "race days" in local (Joliet, Wisconsin?) tracks? Would LOVE to try out the new XKR.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blackcat1
Hi All,
New member here. Just saw this trail of chats and wanted to see if there is anything scheduled for Spring/Summer of 2012 for a rally with Midwestern (Chicago Suburbs) area? Also, wondering if anyone has good recommendations for "race days" in local (Joliet, Wisconsin?) tracks? Would LOVE to try out the new XKR.

Thanks and Happy New Year.
Hi blackcat1,
I assume you are looking to drive road courses and not drag strips.

I've never tracked my Jag but I have driven some racetracks in my previous sportscar (a Mazda). I did about 30 track days in the past at tracks such as Putnam Park, Gingerman, Grattan, Road America, Blackhawk Farms and Mid Ohio.

I've never driven the Autobahn CC in Joliet but some of my friends have and they seem to like it.

If you've never been on the track before, it's best to attend an outing where you will have an instructor. Car clubs like Windy City BMW club and Audi Club of Chicago will welcome other marques and provide great instruction. You can also attend track days with NASA (national auto sport association). A group called CGI motorsports runs an excellent school at Gingerman raceway. Gingerman has "test and tune" days in the summer where you can take your car out in the afternoon/early evenings for a reasonable fee.

If you are going to tracking your car, you'll want to put in fresh DOT4 brakefluid and make sure you have decent tires and fresh brake pads.

Hope that helps and look forward to meeting you in the spring. Good luck getting on the track.

The following users liked this post:
blackcat1 (04-18-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tell me where and when and I will try my best to be there. Westfield Shopping Center is Skokie would be a great sight. So would Northbrook Court, near Botanic Gardens. I have a 2001 XK8 and am interested in sharing stories and mechanics.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

Hey Im from Barrington IL and i would love to meet up with other people with Jags, as long as its happening after i get back from school.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in Crystal Lake and sometime I take the cat out of the bag! I have a couple of trips I have to take care of but most weekends are a possibilty. Having a helluva job keeping a black car clean here in Crystal Lake. Does it have to rain mud?
I like the whole black car thing so went and bought another black car for my youngest. I must be crazy!
so, yes, a meetup would be a neat idea to trade ideas/encouragement etc..

Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Count me in as well! If this is really going to happen pm me so I am sure to get the message...

I may another guy with an xk8 as well that might come..

Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm also in Crystal Lake. It's Soccer season for my daughter, but a weekend meet up would be great!

Quick Reply: Chicago Jaguar Meet- soon ( date to be agreed )