US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Experiences with alltranz in Madison, WI??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Experiences with alltranz in Madison, WI??

Hello everyone,

Going to be taking my 95 XJ6 to them next week to have my shifting issues looked into. They are the only place in Dane county as far as transmission shops go, that will even touch this car. Anyone have any feedback of service performed at this particular shop? I was referred to them by Phoenix auto, which is right next door.

Thanks, Drew

Old 07-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Drew:
No personal experience, but if Phoenix recommended them it's probably the right place to go. Please report back if you have time. It's always good to get real-life feedback for those of us who might still be facing tranny work in the future.

Cheers,
Scott

Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, no diagnosis as of yet. Took it in and he test drove it the following day. Said he drove it for 10 or 15 minutes and couldn't get it to act up and told me to come pick it up and nothing was wrong. It seemed to me that he didn't want to hear anything I had to say when I was trying to explain the problem in the first place, and when it would start acting up. I'm sure that the shop is busy but he flat out told me he wanted nothing to do with it if it was an electronic issue. Can't say I blame him but, fact of the matter is I still have an issue with no answers. The flip side of things I was not charged for his time and told me to bring it back if there was a "real" problem, something consistent and concrete I guess. Now seeing as I didn't have any real repair work done, I can't really say how timely they were or how communicative they were while making repairs. If and when more problems arise, I will be taking it back to them. Everyone in the shop was very knowledgeable in the short conversations we had.

Again like I said I can't say much about repair work, but since they are the only place in dane county that will touch the car besides fields, a guy doesn't have much choice but to go there. I will update more as time goes on and if the problem persists.

Drew

Old 07-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks for the update, Drew; although I'm sorry the visit didn't produce anything. Yeah, if the problem is electrical or has to do with the electrical management of the transmission, I can see why they wouldn't want to be involved. That's more of a problem for your you and your mechanic. Just curious, was East Side Transmissions or A-1 not willing to look at your car? East Side once gave me an estimate for a transmission rebuild. There's also a place in Portage called Trans Works that might be worth a look if/when the time comes.

Best of luck!
Scott