US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Jag Techs Mid West US

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag Pilot
I have heard good things from other trusted owners re Jeff @ Denooyer in Kalamazoo. Also met with Classic Imports in New Buffalo and was favorably impressed although I've not used either yet.
I used to work in the parts department at Denooyer, and I have nothing but great things to say about the dealer. Jeff is an excellent service writer, and the techs are top-notch. Highly recommended!

Old 09-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag Pilot
I have heard good things from other trusted owners re Jeff @ Denooyer in Kalamazoo. Also met with Classic Imports in New Buffalo and was favorably impressed although I've not used either yet.
COL Mosby (2005 XJ8-L) had a minor hiccup whilst actually staying IN New Buffalo, and prepping for the return to suburban DC via Pittsburgh. Delays unwanted, what with passenger load ages 63,69,84 and 92.

'Net search found Classic just 2.2 Miles down US 12 from our perch at the Marina Grand Resort.

Got an immediate boost in confidence as owner Mikail Pinette wheeled in just minutes after my early-morning arrival Thursday aboard his pristine personal X308, vanity tags 'BLK PRRL', or some such.

All I asked of 'em was to read-out the fault codes, as I had left my own reader at home. It was done at once, accurately, and to 4-digits. What with two versions of the Shop manual on my laptop's hard-drive, a few minutes research gave me what I needed to make a fix-now ELSE defer-safely decision and hit the road.

Everything I saw of the shop, Management, Mechanics, and work-in-process gave me confidence that modest overall size aside, they could have done whatever was required had I needed that.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to get parts?

All--

I'm looking to get parts for my 2005 XK8 convertible. Specifically, I'm looking to replace a canister purge valve. Any recommendations on places to go for parts? Obviously, a dealer is always an option, I'm just looking to see if anyone has had good experiences with other sources.

Thanks!

Jim

Old 12-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Jim: I've had super-good experiences ordering from Jagbits.com, and they're one of the forum sponsors. The purge valve may be a bit obscure, but I would also try Rockauto. Cheers, Scott

The following users liked this post:
intltrade0823 (06-16-2018)
Old 12-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello GTG, new member as of today 12/24/13, Merry Christmas! I'm in SE Minn and I'm looking for a dealer myself. Have you had any success yet oin the 3 years you've been looking?

Old 12-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Hi brutske:

Welcome to the forum and greetings from a next door neighbor. I've got family in Mankato, and good friends from Jackson… Don't have a mechanic recommendation for you, though. I hope somebody nearer will chime in.

Be sure to check in for an Intro in the New Members section. Happy Christmas to you as well!!
Scott

Old 05-09-2014, 01:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Appleton has a great guy at the Jaguar Bergstrom dealership, expensive though

Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I went to Auto Doctor in Southfield, on Telegraph just north of 9 Mile. When I pulled up half of the cars in the garage and parked in back were Jags, and to me that says something. One mechanic, who i believe was the owner, was a Jag collector. Had one of every type, he claimed. The second had worked for Jaguar for years.

I had them do an oil change, but always do some inspecting when they do. Rather than throw an estimate in my face, they had me come out to the garage and showed me a few things that concerned them. (details of these in my post in the x-type section). The estimates seemed pretty fair. A fraction of what Jaguar Novi had quoted for the same jobs. I haven't actually gone forward with any of the jobs yet, but it does so far seem like a good experience.

Last edited by Canard; 06-11-2014 at 10:42 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Canard:
MidwestJag (07-21-2014), PeterNGilbertXK8 (10-28-2017), Sirtaj11 (09-18-2023), tchamp (03-31-2017)
Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I am located near springfield il. I would highly recommend EuroSport here in springfield. They have done an excellent job on my 03 STR everytime I take it in and their prices are very reasonable.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally separated from the military and have moved back home to Champlin, Minnesota. I don't qualify as a Jaguar Tech but I have done wheel bearings, suspension, head gaskets, timing chains/tensioners and many other things on Jags so if anyone in the area needs help.

prostreet124 (02-05-2020)
Old 02-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

For western MO/Eastern KS check RennsportKC. Mostly Porsche but one of the guys can handle all your Jag needs.

RennsportKC

Old 02-22-2015, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wesmc2
For western MO/Eastern KS check RennsportKC. Mostly Porsche but one of the guys can handle all your Jag needs.

RennsportKC

Great shop!

wesmc (02-28-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm in the market for a good Jaguar mechanic in the Twin Cities region of Minnesota. I may have stumbled upon a decent one for now, at a Goodyear, of all places, in Minnetonka. I thought the guy was kidding when he said he was "excited" to work on my car, but the mechanic who did the work genuinely loves these cars. I've been taking cars to that shop for over ten years now, and have always had good luck, but I do like my options.

prostreet124 (02-05-2020)
Old 04-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Received 105 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Grand Rapids, MI Shop Recommendation

Just had some work done on my 98 XK8 at Prestige Imports West Michigan located on 29th St in GR. Must say, I was very impressed. Job was done on time, under the quoted price and very friendly people. Cars in their shop included: Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Maserati and Ferrari just to name a few that I saw. Their rates were less than the "local dealer." I do believe that both my Jag and Land Rover will be going here for future service needs. Here's a link to their shop. www.prestigeimport.com/

Scott

Old 05-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I am going to throw out a bad experience with Fields Jaguar of Waukesha. It is the only Jaguar dealership around Milwaukee. I actually bought my car from a Toyota dealership and a few months later my TPMS sensor was leaking air. So I needed a new one. I called them to inquire about a price and they were charging $98 for the sensor and to install it, but they had to go pick it up from Fields. No problem. I then needed 4 more as I was putting my summer tires on some aftermarket rims. I was also wrongly under the assumption that the sensors needed to be programmed. Anyway, I called up the parts dept to inquire about getting the sensors and tires mounted. The guy was going to charge me $144 per sensor! So instead I bought them online and just had the Toyota dealership install them. Now I am not sure if I even want to give their service dept a chance.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

Here's the comment I left in the other thread, too. Scott

Thor82:
Unless they actually screwed something up for you, I'd chock this one up to the prices of a premium dealership. I have only ever been treated like royalty at Fields of Madison, but I realize that's partly what I'm paying the higher prices for! It's why so many of us find good local independent technicians and/or do the work ourselves from parts bought on Ebay. If you're happy with the Toyota dealership and they're willing to work on your car, go for it!

Cheers,
Scott

Old 05-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you think that's acceptable, more power to you. Them trying to rip me off is not acceptable business practices to me. I bought the sensors online for $40, the Toyota dealership bought one from Fields and installed them for $98, Fields was going to charge me $144 for just the sensor, not even installing it. So over $100 markup per and a total of trying to overcharge over $400. Unless Fields has a masseuse and Manhattans in the waiting room that I don't know about...

Old 05-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do you still feel good about Tom Wood Jaguar?

Originally Posted by Xcellr8
Cincy to Indy is what, 2 - 2 1/2 hrs? Same for me out of Central Illinois, but WOW, was I ever happy. My S-type was a basket case of warning lights, messages, and beeps. Some real, some not. I needed real help and found it right here on the forum. Oh sure, the members gave me lots of good tips and info in their effort to help, but it was the connection that I made with the Tom Wood Jaguar dealership technician in Indy that finally diagnosised and repaired my S-type. Steve Petry is a Jaguar Master Service technician who is a multiple Guild winner (a competition among Jag techs.) It is not cheap, but it is the best hire you could make.

I recently bought a Jaguar with the CEL on (P0171) and needing key fobs etc. I am thinking of taking it to Tom Wood (even though I could eventually fix most thing myself) but have reservations about going to the Jag dealership. Is Tom Wood still your go to place for Jaguar service after all these years?

Thanks in advance for your opinion,
Cary

Old 06-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know of anyone near Lima Ohio...

Old 08-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I live in northern IL and I take my Jaguar to Coventry classics in Richmond IL they are honest and very reasonable. Give them a call

The following 2 users liked this post by happyharryxk8:
intltrade0823 (06-16-2018), MidwestJag (08-25-2015)

Quick Reply: Jag Techs Mid West US