US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Montrose, Cleveland OH

Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Montrose, Cleveland OH

Some Jags being sold at Montrose Westside Auto Campus will come up in the search results every time I'm "wishlisting." Does anyone have any experience with them?

Old 09-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Default I Test Drove A Jaguar XF At That Dealership

Other than that, no experieince. A had a no pressure salesman help me. Very nice facility. I have a terrific mechanic in Richmond Heights. He is a Certified Master Jaguar Mechanic. He has about 30 some years working on Jaguars and our Club uses him as a judge at our yearly Concours.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:47 PM
uh2
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I might be buying a 2011 XJL SC there this weekend. I'll let you know.

So far though, nothing but good things to say about the staff I met.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:10 PM
uh2

Well, everything was great until I needed service...and then thing fell apart.

They've had my car 10 days now, and no contact....other than me calling them last friday and someone calling me back to confirm they got the message I left and would see about the status of my car. That was last week. The salesman told me I could get a rental....so I showed up to drop the car off, and no rental.

I'm trying to be patient, but I'm at my limit.

So...take it for what it's worth.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool Let's sneak into the Lab & see what's on the slab!

Have an appt. @ Westside Jaguar Tues. morning 12/23; general inspection of recently purchased '99 XJ8. Will share. (Tho the better the news the less I'll learn!)

Old 01-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Montrose - Westside Jaguar

I didn't want to share my Westside Jag experience until my business was completed: as I ordered a fob and key the process was open until item delivery and car/fob reprogramming. (This week)

First off the personnel, showroom and amenities are first rate. Yes, the costs are higher than an independent shop. But this dealers complete environment and customer service is aimed at a specific subset of the car-buying public, yet is available "without prejudice" to all walking through the doors. (Including those with older Jags who certainly do not appear part of the target demographic!)

My 'Service Consultant' (Cherie Eden) met with me 1st off and carefully covered what an inspection would include, then covered the multipage full color (with pictures!) report afterwards, ensuring my complete understanding. When I returned for the fob/key pickup and programming, it was obvious much of the 'recommended work' they had discovered during inspection had been completed by others, yet remained unfailingly gracious.
Each visit my car was cleaned as if I had just purchased a new car.

While many reading this may be thinking "For those prices they bloody well should act that way!" But realistically, for the few hundred dollars I spent @ Westside Jag, I was treated much, much better than other times I've dropped thousands at a dealer. (not Jag).
I don't mean better = just 'nice' (tho it was!) but they:
- told me what they would do and what it would cost,
- did what they said,
- reviewed what they found and ensured I understood what it meant, what the actual repair would cost, and what may happen if not addressed.

Which is what I wanted.

I've 40 years of working on my own and others cars, including complete OBDII FI engine tear down & rebuild. I'm unfamiliar with Jaguar, this dealer inspection uncovered things I never would've in time to prevent costly damage, and also confirmed this 16 year old car is substantially in very good shape.

I feel I received fair value for the cost.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:36 AM
uh2

Follow up from my last post:

They had my car a total of 14 days. No one called me. I reached out to them and they said "Oh, we thought you picked it up". When I did pick it up, the only issue that was addressed properly was getting my tire replaced. Three other things, including the popping roof, were supposedly fixed. They weren't.

I've been calling them all day today to schedule another tire replacement. I've called four times this morning since 10am. I can't get anyone from Jaguar service on the phone. The operator either puts me on hold multiple times, or I go straight to voicemail.

I've owned BMW, Infiniti and even domestic (GM) and I've never had this level of 'service' from any of their service departments.