US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Jag Techs North East US

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts

I'll be looking for a Jag tech to do some rear suspension work soon. I need bushings replaced on the lower arms and two new links installed on each side. The upper arms are fine. It's blown out boots that are the problem. I'm near Edgewater.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm located in selinsgrove Pa, (central PA) 40 minutes North of Harrisburg, 40 minutes from Williamsport, I'm looking for jag tech/mechanic to work on my 2006 x-type 3.0l sport wagon with DSC. I've done a ton of work on it myself and I'm frustrated and need fresh, experienced eyes working on it.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Received 223 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by johnro6659
I bring my Jag as well as a lot of members of my Jaguar club J.A.N.E to Dana at:

Upton Foreign Motors
138 Milford st
Upton, MA
508-529-4040
uptonforeignmotors.com

It's a long ride (40 miles) for me but worth it. Dana is a great guy, honest good mechanic, reasonably priced and really knows his Jaguars.
I second this. As of this writing, I've not met Dana, but he's already been a huge help to me. Long story short, I stored my car in East Providence, had them try to change the tensioners and guides out. Afterwards it started misfiring and losing oil pressure. They were unable to resolve the issue over the course of 4 months. Eventually, I bit the bullet and had the car towed to Dana after seeing the recommendation above. He got it solved in a week.

I'm not someone who thinks mechanics are out there to screw me over. I've always had good experiences following proper research. And, I don't want to disparage the shop in RI that replaced the tensioners/guides to begin with, so I won't mention them by name here. Mistakes happen, and no one's perfect, and they're nice enough guys who seemed to put a lot of effort in. But they had the car for 4 months since they started working on it (and still charged me storage fees amounting to an extra $740). Not to mention I had to have the car towed back to MA, leather stained and paint scratched. . I'll be having the driver's seat leather replaced this winter (it's worn anyway), and I'll have to get the compound/polish and Rupes out for the scratches. Lesson learned.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:37 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait a second. The shop that was working on your car took 4 months to complete the job and they charged you storage fees?

Jim

Old 09-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Received 223 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by jimangle
Wait a second. The shop that was working on your car took 4 months to complete the job and they charged you storage fees?

Jim
Its a little bit more complicated (if I explained the whole thing in a separate thread you can see in my posts; I can link that thread here if you’d like) but I was storing the car winter, so I was paying for that, and had the work started while in storage. However the “repairs” took 4 months past when I wanted to take the car out (I decided to just steal the car back in mid-august). And while they technically did swap the tensioners and guides, they did it incorrectly and left the car with a misfire and lost oil pressure in two places. The initial swap took about 2 weeks, but the resulting issues are what they couldn’t resolve for the next 4 months.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

I just had a very positive experience with Upstate Imports in Baldwinsville, NY (Syracuse area) and would not hesitate to recommend them.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Recommended Jaguar service garage near Amsterdam, NY

I live 30 minutes west of Albany. Does anyone have a recommended garage that will service and repair Jaguars? I'm hoping the dealer won't be my only choice.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2000 XK8, local dealer says that they cant run diagnostics

My 2000 XK8 went into theft immobilization one day, I've ordered two new keys ignition control module etc., nothing worked, I sent it to Exeter Jaguar, the nearest dealer who had sold me the OEM keys, and now they say that they can not communicate with the car or run diagnostics as they do not have the IDS communication software. Does anyone know of a repair shop or dealer in the NH/MA/ME/VT area that could troubleshoot the issue? I hate to junk an otherwise perfectly running Jag because of an electrical gremlin! Thanks in advance!

Jim

Old 07-23-2019, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Jag Tech in brooklyn, NY

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Currently getting hosed for a coolant leak.
Jaguar XJ 2011

Old 09-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default jaqg shops in northeast

I use Cantec automotive in North Syracuse ny on East Taft road. They have the equip and tech. They work on Lambo. Ferrerri, porchas too

Old 10-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation GREAT Used JAGUAR Parts Supplier

This is my second purchase from this company, and I'm thrilled to have found them. Couple of years ago, I needed a set of cooling fans for my '98 XJ-R. After shopping around online, everything was $200-300 plus shipping for used. Finally found Euroline Auto Parts ? Euroline Auto, in Southern Cal., and they had a really nice low mileage set for $68, INCLUDING SHIPPING! They were delivered, shroud and all, in two days and are performing perfectly 2 years later. Recently my other XJ-R suffered the failing fuel pumps syndrome caused by a severely rusted fuel tank. I checked ALL OVER the interweb, could not even find the exact replacement tank for that car Finally remembered my old friends at Eurolineparts., and went to their website. They had the EXACT Jag. # fuel tank, and it was a ridiculously low price of $150, INCLUDING SHIPPING. That is after looking at many similar vintage tanks for $350-450 online. I actually paid only $112 for it because they had put it on sale just prior to my finding it. If you have looked for an XJ fuel tank, you know that they go for $350 to $500 everywhere else! The co. owner is extremely nice and helpful, as well.

I HIGHLY recommend them for anything in used parts for Jaguar, Volvo, Maserati, Porsche, Mini and Fiat. They may deal with other euro. cars, I'm not sure, but I could not ask for a better salvage place to deal with and get extremely fair prices and quick shipping.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:05 PM

You are so correct! We need to narrow it down! Look at the original question.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:40 PM

I am looking for a Jag tech in the central Maryland area to help me fix a misfire and rough running at cold start on my 2015 f type R.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:36 PM

I am just a lurker in PA and following this thread. Looking to get into a Jag, but this might be the reason not too ...

Any master tech's near Bethlehem, PA???

Old 10-10-2021, 02:50 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Spaniel Auto Hatfield Summnytown and and Orvilla Rds.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brill
Just started dealing with Motorcars Incorporated in Plainville, CT. VERY helpful!
Family owned. Dealership, restoration and general repairs. Specialize in Jags but do handle other makes. Stopped by the other day just to see what they actually did and ended up with a tour of their entire premises.
Joe Cusano III Sales. Dean Cusano, (Joe's uncle) Parts.

800-899-1055

Also, some may have seen the HD Theatre show; Chasing Classic Cars.
Wayne Carini, F40 Motorsports, Portland CT. Deals with all classic cars. Deals mostly in restoration and selling high end classic cars. Ferrari, Maserati, Cobra's, etc.
He does a Cars and Coffee usually the first Sunday of each month, 7AM to 9AM. Come show off ride, hang out and talk cars with other classic car buffs.

Last time out there, I ended up spending three hours being toured through his facility, stumbling over millions of dollars worth of classic cars, in various states of restoration, from bare bondo chunked bodies that need to be stripped, to freshly painted beauties.
Very nice, down to earth guy.

Being new to Jags, I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences. I'm sure I'll be needing to use some of them in the future.

Talk soon,
Hey, Brill!
Thanks for your input here-i JUST bought my first Jag, (‘18 XE S) and have been looking at their webpage for quite some time before I bought my car. I’m located in Middletown, CT and would like to try them out. We’ve got JLR Hartford and North Haven, but after owning 3 Audi’s since 2012 we all know how the corporate dealers work. I’d love to hear about anyone’s experience with Motorcars. I’m new to the forums, so go east on me haha.
-Sammy.

Old 09-03-2023, 08:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Throwing a Westchester shop into the mix that was recommended to me by a local Jaguar owner (as well as a local Aston owner): Briarcliff Classic & Imported in Briarcliff Manor.

Old 10-23-2023, 04:32 PM

Any recommendations for jaguar electrical repairs in or near Doylestown, PA. 1993 jaguar XJS convertible.

Old 10-23-2023, 05:43 PM

Still open to service a car? 1993 jaguar XJS convertible.

Old 12-10-2023, 09:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tech in southern Maine

Auto Works in Kittery Maine! https://auto-works.com/

Helped find and fix intermittent electrical issue caused by rodent damage to wiring and a loose connector.