US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Let's get this Northeast area started..Roll call!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Max
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: let's get this northeast area started

ORIGINAL: teams811

Checking in from Luray, VA. Most people call it a southern state, but I feel more like it's a northeast state.
Be careful, the "real" natives in Virginia, not the transplants working for the government in DC or their hangers-on, do not in any way consider themselves anything other than southerners, which of course they are.

Being a northerner and having lived in northern VA for over 20 years, I am familiar with their pride of heritage.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Max

ORIGINAL: teams811

Checking in from Luray, VA. Most people call it a southern state, but I feel more like it's a northeast state.
Be careful, the "real" natives in Virginia, not the transplants working for the government in DC or their hangers-on, do not in any way consider themselves anything other than southerners, which of course they are.

Being a northerner and having lived in northern VA for over 20 years, I am familiar with their pride of heritage.

Its the capital of the Confederacy :-P the only exemption I would give for a southern state would be Florida.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

2004 XJ8 in Buffalo

with new snow tires!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Max

ORIGINAL: Plant

2004 XJ8 in Buffalo

with new snow tires!
I'll bet! I have always been amazed at the grit of the people of Buffalo especially with the very harsh winters that get thrown at you. Wasn't it just last year that you had 18 feet of snow? As far as I'm concerned that's enough to last me 18 years.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smithfield, RI here! New owner and loving it. Cars used to get out of my way because they thought I was a cop, now they move out of respect...either way works!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Max

ORIGINAL: coolrodz

Smithfield, RI here! New owner and loving it. Cars used to get out of my way because they thought I was a cop, now they move out of respect...either way works!
The car absolutely has a distinctive, intangible quality that surrounds it, and with the top down on a nice day it's unmatched.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:54 AM

ORIGINAL: coolrodz

my gf lives in smithfield, i have yet to see another jag x-type in that town. I have only seen one s-type toois yours black?

Old 03-02-2008, 11:45 AM

New owner of an '04 XKR here along the ocean in New Jersey. I'm new to this forum also and have had incredible help already from one of the Tech members.

Living here and owning a nice car like this Jag can be trying at times. Three weeks after I had purchased a brand new '01 Acura CL, a flying rat (AKA Seagull) dropped some kind of acid laden load on the hood and ruined the paint with a couple of nasty scars. I swear, I think seagulls sometimes eat used car batteries.

Looking forward to learning much more from you all. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:15 PM

If you come to the states I can help you with the sights and must see places in and near Washington, DC, including Williamsburg, VA and other historical locations. Between Philly, DC and the outlying areas (battlefields) you'd have a great trip !

luvmyk9
"Lighten Up"

Old 03-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Long Island, NY Checking In...

...Lindenhurst, NY (Suffolk County) to be precise. Originally from Brooklyn (go back far enough and most people are), proud owner of a '98 VDP with 124K miles on it as of 3/08. My first, but not likely to be my last Jag.

I can highly recommend Heritage Jaguar of Freeport (Nassau County).When I first got my car (Nov '07) they worked with me prioritize the work needed, pointed out what things I could get done more reasonably elsewhere, got my car in great shape, threw in some freebies, and generally treated me with courtesy and professionalism.

Also can recommend Mavis Discount Tires for tires, brakes and front end/alignment work, they arereasonably pricedwith fast turnaround.

Online I've had excellent dealings with "britishpartsplace".

Ian

Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum.

I live in upstate New York but work in New york City.

I picked up my car about 4 months ago at a steal (less than $1,500). The car is in fairly good shape with minimal rust. I have resolved the majority of electrical issues on the VCM. I am preseently having my mechanic install two new (reconditioned) stub axle assemblies. Once that is done, no more leaks (which is rare for british cars).

I am familiar with British cars and their quirks, having owned many years earlier a 1973 Triumph TR-6. I have always wanted to own a Jaguar. Although this is not the model I've had my heart set on, it is intereisting that I presently own one at this time. First, the price as I indicated was good. Secondly, back in 1988, I used to frequent the high end sport car dealerships with my brother in Greenwich, Connecticut. It just so happens, that I still have the dealership brochure for the model I have (1988 XJ6 VDP, 3.6 Liter). I also have the brochure for the 1988 XJS. Anyway, I was facinated by the unusual lines of the XJ6 back then due to the change from the Series 3 cars. I can't believe that the VDP model in the brochure is exactly what I have.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. If I know how to post a pic of my car on this forum, I'd do so.

I look forward to reading the threads in the coming days. Hopefully, some good contacts can come from our similar interests.

Enjoy...

Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not new to the site but figured I'd chime in andbring this thread back to life...Checking-in from Perry County, PA here.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm from da burgh (pittsburgh). Just bought my first Jag last month, and love it. 2003 x type 3.0 with nav. black on black 49k pristine. paid 11,500. no bad eh? I'm not a big Steelers fan, actually kinda get annoyed with how much you hear about em' around here. The Penguins are my team!!! We got the best two in hockey....crosby & malkin.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Max

Welcome to the forum, and that's a very nice Trans Am......[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if anyone here owns the black X-type sport I keep seeing around Brooklyn.
Anyone know of any Jaguar meets in NYC?

Old 11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

New to me 89 Jag XJ6 owner and new to the forum Nashua NH here.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Default RE: let'

02 Jag x sport /w 71,000mi reporting in from Burlington, Vermont. Bought it about 7 months ago and love it. I've had some problems with it, but it had been poorly taken care of by it's previous owner. Bought from Bimmer Auto in Long Island City, NY. They did a pretty good job covering up the fact that it had been beat on, had to put a clutch in it and I'm getting up on all my fluid changes and the car is really smooth and fun to drive. This is my first jag so it's pretty interesting seeing what makes these cars tick.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Cool South Jersey Jag lover - XJS - XJ8

Checking in from Mt. Ephraim, NJ - Jag lover here - first car was 1958 XK 150 roadster, then four XKE's (unfortunately sold), one XJ12L, also sold. Now 1988 H&E XJS convertible in mint condition and a 2001 XJ8.
I have an outstanding mechanic - Tim at Pro Imports in Collingswood. He is an expert on the XJS model especially the V12 engine and is very fair with his prices. I have used him for at least 10 years.
Email me for more info or if you are in the neighborhood.
Rocco
vesperocco@aol.com

The following users liked this post:
OnebadassXJR (10-17-2018)

Quick Reply: Let's get this Northeast area started..Roll call!!