US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

North East Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default North East Dealerships

I think it would be nice to know about your experience with the various Jaguar dealerships you have encountered in the North East. Service, sales, recommendations, etc ...

I have only had experience with 3 dealerships (all in the NY area)
The dealership I purchased my 06 X-type from (Kings Jaguar, Brooklyn, NY) went out of business a year after I bought it. Never experienced their service, but their sales were a 10. Very nice hook ups for the Jag I purchased.
As for service, I have taken my cat to Jaguar of Manhattan, (NYC, NY) very nice on thesurface, but I question their knowledge and overall level of customer service. Overpriced and very slow.You will be robbed of your time and money, but atleast the place looks nice.
The best experience I have had with Jaguar is with Jaguar of Great Neck (Long Island) good service, fast, some what friendly, not as overpriced, and to my knowledge, honest. They will only recommend you things that are necessary. Only problem is that it's an hr drive away from me, but worth the trip.
These are the places that I have encountered. However,
I always wanted to go to Ray Catena in NJ, but too lazy to. From the TV commercials, the place looks nice (food, pool table, lounge, etc) but I dont want to pay the tolls. Anybody have any experience with them?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: North East Dealerships

I've been to Ray Catena a few times for service on my pre-owned '04 XKR.

I also have an Acura and have been very impressed with Acura's service but I have to say that Catena's service is by far the most pleasant experience in auto service I have ever had. You drive up to the service bay door and it opens for you. Then you drive a few feet in and one of the service writers greets you and takes care of the car while you wait in a luxurious waiting area. There are desks with internet ready computers, dozens of USA Today newspapers, a TV lounge area, a quiet room, coffee, bagels, salads, sandwiches, and more. There is also a TV room set up for kids with miniature auto seats complete with cup holders!

I have to say I didn't notice a pool table. The waiting area is shared with Lexus owners who's service center is connected on the other side. Ray Catena is a success story in the auto business in New Jersey. There are even a few photos of his first used car lot that I believe was in Kearny, NJ.

Now so far, all my work has been done under warranty and the next time I'm there I'll have to open my wallet which might take some fun out of the experience.

Take the trip over to the Jers. I think you'll enjoy it!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM

Wow, sounds like a nice place. But what about pricing? and quality of service? Time, I'm not as concerned with, I'd probably get a loaner and go shoppig in one of the many malls in Jersey. I'll prob tryRay Catenafor my next check up. Thanks for the info

Old 04-15-2008, 03:45 PM

I have only had warranty work and the no charge service provided so far but I imagine they are in line with other Jaguar dealers in the NY Metro area.

There is a very good mall right nearby in Eatontown. I think it's called the Monmouth Mall. I really don't think you'll be disappointed as this dealer has an A-1 reputation for quality and customer service. You can ask for Laszlo. He is originally from the UK and knows Jaguars inside out.

He went out of his way for me after I purchased this car and performed a few warranty details that I never would have thought were covered, such as a hairline crack in the wood near the shifter console. He sent it out for repair and it came back perfect and all under Jaguar warranty.

Good luck.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 PM

Nice, thanks for the info!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 AM

And, you'll cover your toll expenses with all the money you'll save on not paying tax on any clothing you buy at the mall. Plus, fill up your tank with fuel that is probably35cents a gallon cheaper than NY.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:45 PM

Definitely! Ill prob get my brake pads done there next month. $3.70 for premium in Brooklyn.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased and have my car serviced @ Great Neck Jaguar in Nassau County NY.

My sales person was great and I love the car.. The service department is excellent for all types of service. Going there tomorrow for a CEL that I got Saturday..