Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hows everybody doin in the tn area

Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Pretty good.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just drove through yesterday and today. Didn't see many Jags on I-40. Lots of police, though. See "X-country trip" in the Off-topic Forum.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jags in Tenn

We are well enough here in Franklin. Just sorted out a hot engine issue and have found a parts car ( S Type) at a Nashville idie Jag shop so am scavaging a few bits later today. I can recommend him if you need someone to wrench on your cat.
Phil in Franklin

Old 07-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Almost out of the shop ready to paint my woman new head liner braked rotors a good tune up green color hid lights wheels and tires custom nav and audio hook up busy month for me but shes worth it is everybody cats doin ok

Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live about an hour from Nashville

Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 PM

What kind of cat youre taming

Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Chattanooga

Her car is a 2001 XK8 Convertible, BRG/Tan. So far it has been trouble free ( except for the inevitable convertible hose leak ).

Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 PM

xk8 nice ride

Old 07-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Default Tenn Jags

Hello Jag Breeder,
Have you considered lowering your S T ype? I have a set of Mina Gallery Lowering springs from my STR, she did not care for the stiff ride so I went back to the orginals ( thx to Michael in BG). They show very little wear and should fit the S.
I will list them on Ebay for $200 but will sell to a local for less.
BTW I will be in nashville tomorrow..stopping at Thouroughbred Motors.
Phil
pwtrusty@yahoo.com

Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM

Thanks for the offer but I might pass on that I dont care for the stiff ride too much myself but if you have other parts and things like that let me know I might be interested in some

Old 07-08-2011, 09:53 AM

I know an independent Jag mechanic in Nashville, located in "The Gulch" on Magazine St, just off Division street. He has two S types he is parting out. If you want his phone number , let me know.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Phil T:

Does the Indy mechanic know about Jag electronics--CAN/BUS, ECM, ABS/TCM? These almost take an AutoEnginuity Scanner to diagnose-and formal auto service training.

I found a great Jag mechanic off Murfreesboro Rd., but my XK8 was too modern for him. He was a XKE man.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Default Jag in tenn

Hello Bamaman,
Sounds like you have met JD..one of the best wrenchs I know. My other guy is very current in XK8. I saw a pair at his shop yesterday. He has the Jag diagnostic computer. He is Jag certified when he worked for the dealership and is a second generation Jag tech..if you need his name and number send me a PM.
Phil

Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 AM

Hey phil can u pm me the guy number thats partin out the s type parts

Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nashville 09 XF-S

Just wanted to introduce myself to the Tennessee group. Got an 09 XF-S about a year ago and loving every moment of it.

Just tinted the car but really hated the shop and person who did it. DO NOT USE Performance Films of Tennessee. The guy lies, does shoddy work, and is a complete A$$h@!@.

Need to get new tires and brake pads. Besides dealership, any other good service options for this model here in (or close to) Nashville?

Didn't know about car club. Will have to check it out.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Mick: I'm 2 hrs. south of you in Muscle Shoals, but grew up in Nashville and Nolensville.

I bought 11 tires last year online @ TreadDepot.com, which is the warehouse for Kauffman Tire in Atlanta. Their prices are the best, and you'll have them in a day or two. They're also a Jag Forum advertiser.

I get tires installed at an independent tire store for $50 per set. Just make sure they have some cardboard under your tire face to avoid scratching the wheel paint.

For brakes: Order a high quality brake pad online to get the best price. All mechanics I know praise Wagner's, as they just seem to fit better--and OReilly's had a big rebate on my brake pads. Many other premium brands of brakes out there are also very good. I just hope you don't have Brembo's, as they're triple pricey.

Jaguar brakes are completely conventional, and very easy to install. It took me 1 hr. to install four sets of pads--not including driving to an auto machine shop to turn the rotors.

A dealer and many independent shops don't turn Jag rotors since they don't want any "returns." My OEM XK8 brakes lasted 59K miles, and the rotors had one turn left in them. Some Forum members swear by replacing rotors every set of pads--whether they need it or not. I live by the micrometer.

My best suggestion is to not wear any Jag brakes down to nothing--and to replace the pads relatively early. I waited to hear a squeal out of my Lexus brakes, only to find the pads had eaten the rotors. Good luck.

Last edited by Bamaman; 07-12-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tips, Bamaman!

Had not heard of TreadDepot before. Have purchased all my tires from TireRack in the past and have been pretty happy with them, but will definitely look into TreadDepot.

I'll probably have the dealership do the work. Given they are also a Porsche dealership, I'm sure they have a very nice high-speed balancer. Plus, I'm pretty sure I need alignment done...tires are not wearing quite right.

Regarding brake pads, I've never replaced my own. Wouldn't mind learning though. Sounds like some serious savings. Brakes are grabby when coming to a stop. Not sure if that's due to pads or something else though. And they leave a lot of dust on the wheels. So I wouldn't mind trying a different pad...maybe I'll scan the forum to see what people are doing.

Thanks again for your insight.

Quick Reply: Nashville tn