US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Let's put together a Jaguar meet in Phoenix gents!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Let's put together a Jaguar meet in Phoenix gents!

I have contacted a couple Phoenix members prior to this post, but I think a meet and greet would be unique for us Jaguar owners in Phoenix. I recently moved to north Scottsdale from Buffalo, NY 2 months ago, finally my brother and I are settled.

I have yet to join the JCNA, but I know there's an Arizona division, but it is on the agenda. There's car shows and BMW meets everywhere out here. Let's get some members to chime in and let us know whereabouts in Phoenix they are.

Us Jaguar owners are definitely a unique pack considering there's not too many rolling around, but when you see one, no matter how old or new, we smile. Oh yea, and the fact most drivers don't even consider a Jaguar as a daily driver.

Maybe put together a meet sometime after the holidays if we get enough replies?

I'll kick it off!

'96 XJR6, North Scottsdale (90th & Pima exit)

Old 12-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm in! - Carefree Highway and I-17

Old 12-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Good idea,

Unfortunately I'm working in South Carolina for the forseeable, but I'll look forward to hearing the details and seeing the pics.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 AM

Oh come on now gents there must be more than just us few Jaguars prowling around Phoenix!

Old 12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I live in Tucson, AZ. but I'd drive up to Phoenix to meet and greet some fellow Jag owners. ...Never actually met another Jag owner in person. LOL

After the Holidays, in January sometime sounds good to me. I should be running fresh spark plugs by then!

Old 12-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas weekend. The new year is almost upon us!

Just thought we'd do a refresh of this post and maybe throw a couple ideas out there as to where our little Jaguar get together could be. I want to say most of the members that have chimed in or I have already met live in North Scottsdale and/or scattered across the Northern part of the city along Desert Ridge and 101. Correct me if I'm wrong! It'd be nice to get at least a few ideas as far as large enough parking lots/coffee shops, etc to accommodate all our beautiful Jags. But at the same time making it convenient for members so we're not driving all over creation to meet!

Except for the member in Tuscan...sorry, you'll be driving a bit further either way if you end up joining us.

Thinking maybe somewhere up near Frank Loyld Wright exit where there are a variety of shopping/dining areas. Or Desert Ridge area has a plethora of choices to meet and greet.

Someone add a thought or two so we have some direction if we're planning a meet sometime in January.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:36 PM

bump...ideas

Old 01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I am about to present a moot point. The Todai buffet restaurant would have been a cool spot for us all to have lunch and talk it up.....but sadly I learned that it has closed down. I ate there once in Phx a couple years ago.

Todai is basically the king of buffet, $29 a person, but an unending array of gourmet Japanese food.... El punto Moot!

In any case, I think we should meet in a parking lot where we can kind of take over a corner of it and park all our killer Jaguars, hang out a bit, look over the cars and meet & greet, then hit a nice restaurant where we can all sit together, (Todai was like that) .....and talk it up. We need a Phoenix person to come up with the right spot.

FullThrottle said: Thinking maybe somewhere up near Frank Loyld Wright exit where there are a variety of shopping/dining areas. Or Desert Ridge area has a plethora of choices to meet and greet.

Sounds like a good event to me, but it only becomes an "event" if more than a few show up! Do we have the numbers????

Last edited by Patterson; 01-09-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a new yorker that has relocated to Phoenix myself. I've been here for about 2 years already. I actually work in the area you mentioned (Pima exit on the 101). I haven't been to a jaguar meet, but if we get some people to come out, I'll bring my slr along to document the occasion.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM

Nice. The more the merriar. We still haven't had a lot of serious responses for local Jag getogether. I still think somewhere amongst the frank loyld wright/raintree area or desert ridge would be neat.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM

This sounds great! I don't get into the regional part of this forum too often or I would have replied earlier. I live in the Desert Ridge area, but FLW/Raintree is close as well. Count me in!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Talking Howdy all

Up here in Prescott. A get together would be cool. When the weather warms, even a road trip to Prescott? Don't mind the drive down the hill either way.

Cheers,

Tim Davis
2006 XJ8-L

Old 02-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a great idea, count me in. I'm in the north Cave Creek area. Maybe we could do a run somewhere too.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Phoenix Jaguar meet

Count me in - I live in Tukee but FLW is only 40 minutes. But pick a nice sunny day!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Alright ladies & gents we must zero in on a real meet day! It looks like enough members have chimed in and are game for a small get together. I know many of us are on Jag Forums occasionally and we all have different schedules. By this time we can be pretty much be guaranteed good weather any day during March in Phoenix.

Shall we aim for the last weekend in March so everyone has a chance over the next 2-3 weeks to see this updated PHX meet post? Saturday (3/26/2011) morning seems like a good time since many consider Sunday church/family days, etc. Or just plain relaxing before the work week begins again!

Seems the majority of member responses are generally in the many different North Phoenix areas so Desert Ridge seems like a good spot?

I know there are many large parking lots in the clump of businesses/restaurants as soon as you get off the 101 (Tatum exit).

Sand Bar is a great place and that is a large parking lot.

Hope to hear some positive responses or at least definite yes/no attendance. I'll be there for sure.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:25 AM

I"ll be there. What time were you thinking Saturday (3/26) morning?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by KevinW
I"ll be there. What time were you thinking Saturday (3/26) morning?
Maybe 930-10AM?

It doesn't matter to me, morning, afternoon etc. I'm sure the other previous member posts will chime in soon enough!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Don't forget the pics guys!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:19 PM

I typically have appointments on Saturdays but would love to be there if i can. I'm in the PV Mall area so anywhere north will work.

And we could always do a Friday night at Firebird Raceway when they do open street drags so everybody can see what their cars really do. It gets packed and it's a whole lot of time just sitting in line but it I'd like to see a few pair up and run. But there's plenty of room in the lots to just park and talk.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Saturday morning (ish) sounds like it will work best. Speaking of your other idea on Friday nights at the track where you can take your own car out...we had a place like that back in Buffalo, NY. It was our local drag races but Sat nights anyone could bring ANY vehicle, pay $5 and take it down the quarter mile against a random pairing. Minivans, muscle cars, sports cars, ricers, you name it were lined up.

That's also the night I did two runs with my XJR against my buddy's 5.9 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Lost my supercharger belt on the second run...

Not cool. Drove home that night with about 100 less HP!! That was a couple summers ago and was fixed the next day. I learned that night that a XJR6 is not a drag car.

Quick Reply: Let's put together a Jaguar meet in Phoenix gents!