US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

New Jags in Dallas

Old 12-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Jags in Dallas

Hi all,

Was looking to get out of my 08 CLS and nothing spoke to me but the XJ. Went in with the fiance, and found an XJ L Supercharged at a good deal at Park Place in Plano. As usual with Park Place, great sales experience.

The car was amazing (having a few gremlins, but fingers crossed). So much so, that the fiance felt slighted, so we dumped her 08 GL 550 same day and got a two-fer. She picked up a demo 2011XJ L.

Gotta leave her home from now on!

Wanted to say hi to fellow Dallas owners.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My husband and I just got new cars on the same day also! It's only fair...
He got a Lamborghini and I got my dream car which was a black xkr, I got mine from park place in Plano as well.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kellybelly
My husband and I just got new cars on the same day also! It's only fair...
He got a Lamborghini and I got my dream car which was a black xkr, I got mine from park place in Plano as well.
You may have gotten the short end of that stick .

I love the XKR and almost bought one when I got the CLS a couple years back, but it's pushing me at 6'5" to justify it . The Lambo is incredible (which model did he get, btw?)...but I can't even get into one!

Out of every new car lineup, the only one that interested me is the XJ...absent spending $225K on a Bentley Cont that is.

Enjoy the rides...that's one hell of a set of garage fillers.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:26 PM

My husband got a gallarado which he sent off the same day we picked it up to underground racing to have twin turbos put on. He is a total speed freak!
Sports cars are not designed for the vertically blessed, thats what your motorcycles are for! The XJ L is a georgous car, I would rather have two of them than one bentley!

Old 12-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kellybelly
My husband got a gallarado which he sent off the same day we picked it up to underground racing to have twin turbos put on. He is a total speed freak!
Sports cars are not designed for the vertically blessed, thats what your motorcycles are for! The XJ L is a georgous car, I would rather have two of them than one bentley!
I love your husband already! I've had a couple 600rwhp + naturally aspirated cars, and driven several turbo cars...the pull is fantastic. I have a friend with two Ford GT's, one twin turbo and the other ported. The Gallardo with TT will be incredible! If it's not a Vette or a Viper with race seats...I'm just not fitting too much! The XKR is my favorite luxury sports car out...all the looks of the Aston with the ability to drive it instead of just fix it!

Thanks for the compliments on the XJ...loving it. Of course, I'm sending mine out for a tune and pulley so I can hit 560hp in my land yacht .
And then I'll have to tune my better half's too, but she's already looking at new wheels first...this car thing never ends...

And I'm just waiting on the new 2012 ZX14 to come in for my speed fix!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:15 PM

I think it will have a thousand hp and do 0-60 in about 2.5 when in comes back in February. I'm sure he will be on the news with the local man gets arrested for speeding headline!
That's funny your fiancé is already wheel shopping, it's such a girl thing wheels are like shoes to us! My husband knew I wanted mine gloss black so he put a little hot wheels with black rims in my stocking for Christmas.
That's good that she rides motorcycles with you, my husband had a super fast bike when I met him but he sold it because I wouldn't ride with him.
The car thing never does end!! Yesterday I went to the gym to train shoulders and my right one was killing me, took me a second then I figured out that it's from all the cleaning, polishing, and waxing I've been doing on my car! I check the weather reports before I head out because I don't want to have to clean it again...

Old 12-31-2011, 01:28 AM

Lol. Nice. I just had a shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago and hit the gym first time today in 6 weeks. I missed my crack .

I will watch for the blur on the tollway that somewhat resembles a Lambo .