US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Oregon/Washington get together

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Oregon/Washington get together

I've seen three or four other Oregon Jag owners in the XK8/R forum. How about a get together one Saturday or Sunday?

We could check out a few wineries or a cruise around our back roads then a stop for lunch. Or a cruise to the coast and a lunch. Or just a get together to meet each other face to face?

There are not that many XK Jaguars in our area and a lot of people suffer from whiplash trying to get a second look as you drive by.

Hope to be able to get together soon.

Mark

Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,749 Likes on 7,100 Posts

Are XJR guys invited? Or all other Jags, for that matter?

Cheers
DD

Old 03-24-2010, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Doug
Are XJR guys invited? Or all other Jags, for that matter?

Cheers
DD
Yes by all means. I didn't mean to single out just the XK's. The more the better!!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good time. Any prospective dates?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.3 KB

Great idea guys.....must be sumthin in the air ( spring maybe ?? ) seems to be more than a few meets trying to get of the ground
I'm interested to hear more....If you need any help with stickying the thread and or promoting it please let me know.....If I can help I will

Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by S.E.R.E.
Sounds like a good time. Any prospective dates?
Nothing planned yet. We need more people to speak up so we can plan something.

What or where would you like to do/go? A cruise to the coast or around Mt. Saint Helens or a cruise to some of the covered bridges in the Scio area for photo ops? There are a few covered bridges in the coast area too.

A trip to the coast and lunch at the Oregon Brewing Co. or the Pelican ??? (forgot the whole name) on the coast. This is another micro brew company with a nice restaurant.

Or just a meeting to shoot the breeze or a get together to help someone change their break pads and/or rotors or ??? suggestions needed!

Mark

Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 AM

Thanks for the offer of help Jim. We need more people to speak up and show some interest. It's hard getting the word out.

Mark

Old 03-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm game! I'm afraid I'll have to leave the organizing up to others as I'm also getting busy otherwise; got a lot of weekends already planned with the horses and it's only 162 days until the man burns. I'm racking up miles between Tacoma and Portland and willing to add a few more hundred to the cause.

Since I'm one to do my own work on the car I'd really enjoy an occasional BS/tech session.

Anything south of Vancouver BC and North of California works for me.
Mike

Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Oregon/Washington Jag get together

I'm very new to this forum and to owning an 'S' jag, but it sounds like a fun time if it happens. I'm from Salem, Oregon and have a pretty flexible summer, actually. I'll watch the post and see if it materializes. I'll admit, I'm a previous Caddy lover, so all this 'jag' talk is foreign to me,,,,can't wait! I hope I love owning a jag as much as I have fantasized about owning one! I'll have a lot to talk about after owning awhile! I hope it's mostly positive! LOL
Gary from Salem, Oregon

Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 AM

Welcome to a new world of driving!

There's an informal GTG at the Kaiser Starbucks in that new shopping mall right off of the freeway, just south of the ball field. Vettes, Cobras, Panos, Vipers, Lambo's, and others gather around the last Saturday of the month. They usually start in May but there's talk that due to nice weather they're talking about starting the last Saturday of April.

Usually this runs from 7 to 9 or so and they is talk of bumping the time up to 9 to 11. Usually when everyone leaves they leave in car make groups and head out for a cruise. This might be a good place to gather and shoot the bull and get to know one another.

We would be the only Jags there. Last year there were a mess of Vipers and Vettes etc. but not one Jag except for my XK8. We'll stand out for sure! That's one XK8, and XJ and your S... That's a start!

Old 03-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Default Sounds like lots of fun - keep us posted

Iv'e always wanted to be a part of a cruise in, but never have! I sealed the deal on my car today and having it shipped...should have it in a couple of weeks....keep me posted on the date of the first GTG at Keizer Station!
Gary from Keizer

Old 04-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default meet

I am in. Just let me know and im there

Old 04-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Default Any news about the Keizer Station April Cruise in?

Originally Posted by GreenJewel
Welcome to a new world of driving!

There's an informal GTG at the Kaiser Starbucks in that new shopping mall right off of the freeway, just south of the ball field. Vettes, Cobras, Panos, Vipers, Lambo's, and others gather around the last Saturday of the month. They usually start in May but there's talk that due to nice weather they're talking about starting the last Saturday of April.

Usually this runs from 7 to 9 or so and they is talk of bumping the time up to 9 to 11. Usually when everyone leaves they leave in car make groups and head out for a cruise. This might be a good place to gather and shoot the bull and get to know one another.

We would be the only Jags there. Last year there were a mess of Vipers and Vettes etc. but not one Jag except for my XK8. We'll stand out for sure! That's one XK8, and XJ and your S... That's a start!
Just curious if you had heard anything about the Keizer Station cruise in? Iv'e got my stype jag now and would love an opportunity to meet other jag owners locally. Let me know if you hear anything.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2000blackxkr
I am in. Just let me know and im there
With the 2010 car season just around the corner, many of us have already enjoyed a mild winter and early spring that gave us a chance to fire up the toys and stretch the legs of favorite ride. Keizer Cars & Coffee is entering it's third year, and I hope you enjoy this season as we are trying to incorporate a couple of fund raisers and group outing.

Like years past we will meet the last Saturday of every month from May through September at the the Starbucks at Keizer Station just off the freeway exit of I-5 and the Keizer Exit. We meet from 7:30 - 9:30am for a cup of joe, smile and a chance to appreciate each others toys.

2010 KC&C Schedule 7:30-9:30am

May 29th (Food Drive)

Bring what you can as we will gather donations of can and dry foods to give to a local food bank for those in our community that have had challenges associated to the current economic downturn.

June 26th (Griots Garage Roadtrip)

Come join us for some early coffee then those who want to make a fun little roadtrip will drive up to Tacoma to checkout the new Griot's Garage facilty and do a little shopping.

July 10th (Portland Historics)

Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it would be fun! I already know Doug and he's a great Jaguar enthusiast. I have a friend that just bought a XK8 here in Eugene. Picking a weekend may be tough, but the Keizer get together in May might be a great start to all get to know each other better, touring preferences, etc. The Oregon Coast Exotic Car Show at Salishan is coming up in June.
Jerry

Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM

I will be there with the XKR.

Jerry

Old 04-27-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by oldirish
I think it would be fun! I already know Doug and he's a great Jaguar enthusiast. I have a friend that just bought a XK8 here in Eugene. Picking a weekend may be tough, but the Keizer get together in May might be a great start to all get to know each other better, touring preferences, etc. The Oregon Coast Exotic Car Show at Salishan is coming up in June.
Jerry
Have the owner of the XK8 tag along with you. The more the better! Here are a few more events that might be of interest. As for Salishan I plan on attending but not sure if I'll enter my XK8.

August 14th: JDRC Concours & JCNA Slalom, Monroe, WA. Website: www.seattlejagclub.org. Details to follow as they are published/verified.

August 21st Canadian XK Jaguar Register (Vancouver, BC). Heritage Classic Field Meet August 21. A decision has not yet been made if there will be a concours. NOTE: JCNA-sanctioned Heritage Classic Slalom August 29.

August 22nd Lake Oswego Heritage Days Collector Car Show. George Rogers Park, McVey and State Street, Lake Oswego. Free, so register early. Limited to first 250 cars. Website: http://www.oswegoheritage.org/events/carshow.html

September 3rd – 6th All British Field Meet (Labor Day weekend) JOCO Concours Saturday Sept. 4th. JOCO / JCNA Slalom September 5th & 6th. Website & registration: www.abfm-pdx.com. Portland International Raceway; 1940 N. Victory Blvd; Portland, OR.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:49 PM

Don't forget the Vancouver All British Field Meet in Vancouver May 22nd. E-Type is the featured car and its the 25th Anniversary of the ABFM. Its one of our favorite events : http://www.westerndriver.com/abfm/

Jaguars on the Island will be July 24-25 in Victoria. Put on by the Jaguar Car Club of Victoria, concours and slalom, one of the largest Jaguar events in N. America: http://www.jcna.com/clubs/main.php?club=nw61&Vref=nw61

Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Unhappy I was hoping to be at the first one with my 03 stype...

I was looking forward to getting to meet some jag owners for the KC &C at Starbucks, but we already had plans to go to Boise for Memorial Day weekend. I'll try for the June meeting. I'm disappointed to say the least.
Gary

Originally Posted by GreenJewel
With the 2010 car season just around the corner, many of us have already enjoyed a mild winter and early spring that gave us a chance to fire up the toys and stretch the legs of favorite ride. Keizer Cars & Coffee is entering it's third year, and I hope you enjoy this season as we are trying to incorporate a couple of fund raisers and group outing.

Like years past we will meet the last Saturday of every month from May through September at the the Starbucks at Keizer Station just off the freeway exit of I-5 and the Keizer Exit. We meet from 7:30 - 9:30am for a cup of joe, smile and a chance to appreciate each others toys.

2010 KC&C Schedule 7:30-9:30am

May 29th (Food Drive)

Bring what you can as we will gather donations of can and dry foods to give to a local food bank for those in our community that have had challenges associated to the current economic downturn.

June 26th (Griots Garage Roadtrip)

Come join us for some early coffee then those who want to make a fun little roadtrip will drive up to Tacoma to checkout the new Griot's Garage facilty and do a little shopping.

July 10th (Portland Historics)

Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 AM

Gary have a safe trip. Maybe you'll be able to make the June GTG.