Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lexani 20" R06 on my 2005 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Lexani 20" R06 on my 2005 XKR

After experiencing how easy it is to clean and maintain the appearance of the wheels and calipers on my wife's new Audi S5 Cabriolet, I decided to see what might be out there to replace the 20" Sepang BBSs on my XKR (they're looking a little rough anyway). I wanted to respect the original look of the car, so I wasn't after anything radical. I did want to open up the wheels to expose those the red BBS calipers and ensure that I could clean the calipers with the wheels on the car.

I really considered a set of BBS Detroits, but I wanted to get away from the whole BBS wheel routine for checking tire presure, and I was looking for something a little more open. After checking around a lot (all the usual suspects), I decided on a set of 20x10 and 20x8.5 Lexani R06s in silver with polished accents. I had Nitto 555s mounted but will probably switch to some all season tires at some point. Ordered from Element Wheels. They arrived today and I just mounted the left front to check for clearance. The central valve stem location cleared with about a 1/4 inch. It had me worried for a few minutes when I first saw it. I really like the look.

Here's a few prelim pics. I'll mount them this weekend, add some more pics and comments and let you know how they drive.

I'm really pleased with the look and fitment (thanks to Ryan at Element Wheels for his assistance). More pics and comments to come this weekend.

As always, YMMV!

Best Regards, Fred

The following users liked this post:
ccfulton (09-10-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

Lookin good. Been trying to decide which wheels for my own black coupe.

Look forward to some more pictures.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Default Thanks !

Originally Posted by ccfulton
Lookin good. Been trying to decide which wheels for my own black coupe.

Look forward to some more pictures.
Thanks Charlie. I really had a good time researching the alternatives. My wife and I are getting back into the automotive sports after 10 years overseas, so this is my first experience with the 'machined and drilled to fit' at time of purchase concept for wheels. Hub centric, no spacers in sight, right offset. Good stuff. I hope they drive as good as they look (to me, anyway). It's going to be hard to wait until this weekend to put them on.

Best Regards, Fred

Old 09-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Thumbs up Mounted!

Here they are. The look is exactly what I was going for. I really like them. My first impression is that the Nitto 555s are a little noisier than the Pirellis, but I'll have to drive it more and post an update. Here are a couple of pics :

As expected, the R06s are lighter than the BBSs, so I gained a little on the unsprung weight Kinda makes up the loss of the forged wheel strength.

Best regards, Fred

Old 10-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Looks great..Dont happen to have those Sepangs in New york do ya? Selling?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX
Looks great..Dont happen to have those Sepangs in New york do ya? Selling?
Thanks XxSlowpokexX ! The Sepangs will be in Texas for a year or so more, then on to New York when we retire. I'm planning on having them refurbed and keeping them along with all the other original parts in case I decide to sell the car (not planned, but you never know). Based on the interest I've received in the Sepangs, I think they will end up being worth more than the XKR !

Old 10-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

lol! I have them on my 2004 xjr. They fit the car so well. My xkr is a matte black and If I can get my hands on some sepangs id paint the centers matte to match.

I have to ask. Retire to NY! Where abouts? I think that scrazy talk coming from texas!

Old 10-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

I think they look great! Aggressive, yet respectful to the original look of the sepangs.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by H20boy
I think they look great! Aggressive, yet respectful to the original look of the sepangs.
Thanks H20Boy, that's the look I was going for. No problems to date with the Lexani wheels, but the jury is still out on the Nitto 555s.

Rgds, Fred

Old 10-11-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX
I have to ask. Retire to NY! Where abouts? I think that scrazy talk coming from texas!
Especially for a native Houstonian! We built our retirement home on 10 acres just west of the Catskill Mountain Park. We love the area because we have year round sports possibilities, lots of outdoor events spring through fall, four definitely different seasons, family in the area and some great two lane roads. It's cold in the winter!!!!

Rgds, Fred