Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NITTO NT555 G2 Initial Review - Tire Sampling

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default NITTO NT555 G2 Initial Review - Tire Sampling

I have ran Nitto Tires on a few cars I have owned over the years. I thought I'd share my review of the new Nitto NT555 G2's I was sent by Nitto to sample on my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack. Any of my fellow Jaguar owners that may be looking for a new performance tire should check these guys out.

See Below:

So I was very please to receive an email from Nitto that I was chosen to sample the new Nitto NT555 G2's. I have been planning on going to a wider rear tire since the day I picked up the car and had heard the Nitto would be the best looking tire considering I have the 20X9 Scat Pack Wheels. After doing some research I had decided to go with the INVO. A few days before ordering the tires i came across the link for sampling from Nitto. It was meant to be I guess.

The tires arrived within 2 days of being notified and when I arrived home like a kid on Christmas that evening to my new tires awaiting me I instantly visually reviewed the tires. I could tell they were much wider than expected, and seemed to be a very aggressive tire for dry, wet, and overall contact. They also seemed to be a bit softer than the factory Goodyear. I loaded them in the wifes suv and had her follow me to the tire shop the next morning. After they were mounted I instantly was relieved as the rears looked perfect. No bulging and fit not only the wheel but the fender lines well. The fronts seemed to look no different than the Goodyears. When we dropped the car down on all fours the smile begin. The stance was perfect and visually I was a happy camper. Now for the ultimate test. I do runs often with friends, as well track days from time to time.

I got to run roughly 300 miles on them Easter weekend and my initial thoughts are all good. I could tell right out the gate the tires have more of a contact patch which could be felt a bit more through the suspension and steering wheel. I am a big fan of feeling the road. I also noticed a bit more noise from the new tires, but not a concern at all considering you cant hear a thing over the customer exhaust on the car.

Over all I am impressed by the tires in looks, handling and traction out of the hole. I plan on a track day here shortly and will be putting them to the true test in the turns. As for now I can confidently say these tires are a step above the old NT555, and running a 275/40/20 on the Scat Pack 20X9 wheel is not an issue whatsoever.

I will be following up with additional review once I get some serious miles on the car after upcoming track day with the boys.

• Tires were provided by Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc.
#NittoTire , #NT555 G2 , #NT555 , #NT555 G2 SummerUHP

Attached Thumbnails NITTO NT555 G2 Initial Review - Tire Sampling-img_0111.jpg   NITTO NT555 G2 Initial Review - Tire Sampling-img_0115.jpg   NITTO NT555 G2 Initial Review - Tire Sampling-img_0109.jpg   NITTO NT555 G2 Initial Review - Tire Sampling-img_0119.jpg   NITTO NT555 G2 Initial Review - Tire Sampling-img_0121.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
Highhorse (07-27-2016)