Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing out for discussion 2010 XF Portfolio and New TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 02:41 AM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Throwing out for discussion 2010 XF Portfolio and New TPMS

Hi All;

I have run into a head scratcher, I replaced my OEM rims for aftermarket when I purchased new winter tires, I also bought new TPMS. I previously purchased one of these monitors when I had to replace a damaged one and it worked great so when it came time to add the new ones, I purchased 4 of the same. I however have run into a reading issue. The sensors read for close to 90 miles of driving then the whole system errors out. I get a "Tire System Pressure Fault" error. I can reset this but 90 miles later it pops up again. Replacing the rims with the originals clears the error after a bit of driving and having the tire shop test the TPMS show they are working correctly. (315 MHz)
I know these years are sensitive when it comes to the TPMS but one would think if everything lines up, it would work.
Am I doomed to have to purchase OEM sensors? Oh, and for those who say; Just remove and return for refund or credit, It costs me the same per sensor for the shop to remove and/or swap the valves per rim as to buy the sensors hence I would like to do this as few times as possible.

Thanks

Kevin