Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get Jaguar sized hubcentric rings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 977 Likes on 663 Posts
Default Where can I get Jaguar sized hubcentric rings?

I've been looking at aftermarket wheels. None (except the Coventry Whitley wheel) are made to fit an older Jaguar with 73.8mm hubs. I don't dislike the Whitley, but it doesn't do everything for me that I want it to.

I see the market is absolutely flooded with inexpensive hubcentric rings for every make and model.... except mine.

I am willing to pay a shop to machine the appropriate size for me. Understanding this will cost a bit, I am looking for references.

I feel like it is time for an update to the look of my XJ12. The original 16" wheels are not in such good shape anymore. I have considered and then ruled out using other available Jaguar factory wheels. There are a few aftermarket wheels that I think will be tastefully suited to the car and will give a fresh look in order to keep this love affair going!

TIA

Old 04-06-2022, 01:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 977 Likes on 663 Posts
Default Update

After much shopping, hemming and hawing I've ordered ONE wheel/tire from CarID that I like. I have to see it in person on the car, and test out the qualities of the fit. If the look and fit suit me, I will get another three. I found a couple of sources for custom made hubcentric rings so if I continue to move forward I will get a set. "US Wheel Adapters" seems to have everything covered when it comes to fitting wheels (CarID has capability too). I have not found any source of "in-stock" rings to fit Jaguar 73.8mm hubs, but they can be custom made to any size, and as thin as 1mm.

Will update as progress is made. My choice of wheel to be revealed later, as my decision might not be final and I don't want any "feedback" just yet!