X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

~~Pour Your Thoughts Here~~

Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ~~Pour Your Thoughts Here~~

Hey everyone,

My budget is up to 30K and I'd like to buy a Jaguar. I'm not technical about cars in general so not 100% sure what look for, but would like to know if anyone can help me find a Jaguar to buy. There's honestly too many "types" and sometimes the older year models look newer, it's just all confusing at this point. I know I don't like the kind old people drive, haha.

Here's what I've narrowed it down to, I think:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Please feel free to recommend other types of cars here, I am from Illinois.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Links dont take you to the cars..

if you have 30g's to spend and want a Jaguar, there are 2 models you should look at.

1) 2003-2008 Jaguar S Type R: 4.2 supercharged v8 w/400 hp, 6spd auto.. You should be able to find a nice low mileage one for around 30 easy. They also come with N/A 4.2 v8 and 3.0 v6.

2) 2004-2010 Jaguar XJ: 4.2 v8 and they come in different models. Larger then the S type and much more stately looking/classic Jaguar design. I have seen 2004-2007 go for 19-30g's depending on model,miles,options.

You could always find a really clean and extremely low mileage X type for way under 30g's. If you like something smaller then the 2 mentioned above, just as nice but with AWD and money leftover.. They come with a 2.5 v6 or 3.0 v6 with automatics. And the earlier versions optioned a 2.5 v6 with manuals trans.(which is in my 04) I have a 04 X Type and its a great car and really opened my eyes to Jaguar and my interest to own many more.

I suggest you buy from a Jaguar dealer so you get the select warranty and the comfort that its coming from a dealer that has made sure the car is in excellent condition before purchase.

Take your time and look around and test drive the cars. See what fits your comfort and power thirst..

GL..

Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pete04xtype
Links dont take you to the cars..

if you have 30g's to spend and want a Jaguar, there are 2 models you should look at.

1) 2003-2008 Jaguar S Type R: 4.2 supercharged v8 w/400 hp, 6spd auto.. You should be able to find a nice low mileage one for around 30 easy. They also come with N/A 4.2 v8 and 3.0 v6.

2) 2004-2010 Jaguar XJ: 4.2 v8 and they come in different models. Larger then the S type and much more stately looking/classic Jaguar design. I have seen 2004-2007 go for 19-30g's depending on model,miles,options.

You could always find a really clean and extremely low mileage X type for way under 30g's. If you like something smaller then the 2 mentioned above, just as nice but with AWD and money leftover.. They come with a 2.5 v6 or 3.0 v6 with automatics. And the earlier versions optioned a 2.5 v6 with manuals trans.(which is in my 04) I have a 04 X Type and its a great car and really opened my eyes to Jaguar and my interest to own many more.

I suggest you buy from a Jaguar dealer so you get the select warranty and the comfort that its coming from a dealer that has made sure the car is in excellent condition before purchase.

Take your time and look around and test drive the cars. See what fits your comfort and power thirst..

GL..

Wow, I would LOVE to buy a 2009-2010 XJ man, the newer the better I guess. I don't think that's possible with an up to 30K budget to be honest.. If you can find me this, I can compensate you a desired, but fair amount via Paypal or something for the search.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

If you find a 2009-2010 XJ for 30 grand then I would suspect it has some serious issues, or an R title, or has spent a serious amount of time under water.

If you find one that is perfect for that price immediatly go play the Powerball or go all-in at Vegas.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi tispe,

If you're looking for a Jag, you've got a choice between a XJ, which is the classic looking Jag that's been around forever, a XK which is a 2-door/2-seat sport car, a S-Type which is a mid-size sedan that has recently been replaced by the XF, and a X-Type which is a compact AWD car (all other Jags are RWD) that has been recently discontinued. So if you're looking for a new car, you have the XJ, XK, and XF, and if you're looking for a used car, you also have the choice of a S-Type or X-Type.

BuckMR2 has a 2007 XJ (no supercharger though, I think he has a 3.0L V6) and if I remember correctly I think he paid close to 30k for it. It looks absolutely fantastic. You can see the pics in his signature. If I were you I would send him a private message to ask him for his opinion.

Here's mine, considering your budget (which is more than I could afford!) : I think if you're looking for a classy Jag, go for a XJ. If you're looking for power, go with the S-Type R but make sure you try it first because I've driven a S-Type last year (old 2003 4.0L with 80k miles) and it didn't feel very solid. It was kinda shaky and didn't drive nearly as well as my 2005 X-Type. But maybe it was that particular car only so take my comments with a grain of salt. FYI, the S-Type originally shared its platform with the Lincoln LS.

You can get a recent X-Type also with that kind of money but I wouldn't recommend it. The X-Type is fun in winter because of its AWD system, but it's compact and it has its flaws. The X-Type shared its platform with the Ford Mondeo.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Tispe, for $30K you cna find quote a number of great low mileage XJRs or S Type Rs. Here is one that probably isn;t that far from you: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

tispe, check out http://www.texascarsdirect.com. They have quite a few Jags there (with pictures) that you could pick up for under $30K. They have a 2007 XJ8 that looks good to me for $25K. You figure in the price of an airplane ticket down and a few days to get it back and you would still be under $30K. Probably could even get the tags, title, and other normal state stuff done for the $30K amount you are looking at. You could get an even newer/nicer car if you are willing to finance a little bit. Take a look at the site and see what you find. You might be a little bit surprised.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tispe
Wow, I would LOVE to buy a 2009-2010 XJ man, the newer the better I guess. I don't think that's possible with an up to 30K budget to be honest.. If you can find me this, I can compensate you a desired, but fair amount via Paypal or something for the search.

Thanks in advance
I wasnt saying a 2009-2010 for 30g's, I was just posting that current body style since 2003 was different and we all know about the new XJ..

You can definitely get a nice 2004-2007 XJ for 30g's or less.. The more current years 08-10 still command more then 30g's.. Do your homework and you will find one you like with the right options and low miles..

Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Tispe, for $30K you cna find quote a number of great low mileage XJRs or S Type Rs. Here is one that probably isn;t that far from you: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Thanks for the solid advice guys, all of you are amazing! I really like this car though. Black cars are super sexy and this style is so boss. Everything looks good with it so far, hope no damages or nothing but usually V8's suck up more gas than V6, no? Man, expect some $$$ for the help.. Seriously anyone who can help me in the search of a car I'm looking for can get some compensation. I am still considering this, but mean time plz go ahead and PM me your paypal

Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member

Tispe, where in Illinois are you located? If it's around Chicago there should be a lot of choices for you. Man, I wish I had your dillema: finding a way to spend $30 large on a Jag! Like someone said, do your homework. Also, like Thermo said, you may want to consider buying your car out of state if you find somethng you like. Do your due dilligence ahead of time though. That's how I got my car. Fly down 500 miles to Missouri to buy it and drove it home. Great way to get aquainted with teh car too.

If you are in northern Illinois I would consider coming down one Saturday and help you look just for the thrill of the hunt.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  19.3 KB

Re arrange these Letters into a well known word---- M P S A!

Could be wrong but I don't think so....be wary!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Tispe, where in Illinois are you located? If it's around Chicago there should be a lot of choices for you. Man, I wish I had your dillema: finding a way to spend $30 large on a Jag! Like someone said, do your homework. Also, like Thermo said, you may want to consider buying your car out of state if you find somethng you like. Do your due dilligence ahead of time though. That's how I got my car. Fly down 500 miles to Missouri to buy it and drove it home. Great way to get aquainted with teh car too.

If you are in northern Illinois I would consider coming down one Saturday and help you look just for the thrill of the hunt.
Alpha,

I'm in Skokie. I might just buy the car you showed me to be honest.. I hope it doesn't sell out by next week but I am still open to other suggestions if you can find any. When I do buy this, I will toss some money your way for the gesture man. I really appreciate it. Keep it coming - Also like I said PM me your Paypal.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a community here at Jaguarforums. We are not hear for a handout for helping a fellow lover like ourselves. It is quite weird that you keep harassing some of the members here for their paypal information when they are more than willing to help for the "thrill". I mean no offense if this is an honest posting, however with the demand that you are making for the paypal email, it seems as if you are actually trying to cheat some of the members here out of some dollars.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 38

+1 ON GUDPAHS COMMENTS- As I said, I could be wrong and hope I am. I haven't any real evidence to warrant any action as yet but will keep a close eye on this post.
If you do turn out to be genuine tispe then I'm 100% sure you'll understand.

DO NOT send any Paypal details to any member unless you are as sure as you can be that they are genuine!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64

+1 ON GUDPAHS COMMENTS- As I said, I could be wrong and hope I am. I haven't any real evidence to warrant any action as yet but will keep a close eye on this post.
If you do turn out to be genuine tispe then I'm 100% sure you'll understand.

DO NOT send any Paypal details to any member unless you are as sure as you can be that they are genuine!

You two are both wrong. I'm simply tossing some money his way for helping me find the car, so asking him to provide his Paypal is not 'cheating' anyone. The only way to send someone money is by using their email, not asking for his 'Paypal details'. Never knew sending someone money for a hook up was looked down on. Thanks anyways.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 55

You need to understand the level of spam we've experienced here for some time tispe before you get all outta sorts on this.
It is strange, your username and your posts are kinda out there, so it makes sense to be suspicious.
As I said, if you're genuine, you'll totally understand, hang around for a while, make some posts / maybe some friends get your car and end up being a valuable member of the site....
We'll see.....

Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member

Tispe, Jim is just looking out for the good of all on the site. Like he said, we occasionally get a spam post or spam PMs on here. We are all car guys here and Jaguars and X-Types in particular. Because of that we're here to learn, have some fun and to share experiences with our cars, good and bad. It's a pretty close community and if someone needs something someone is invariably willing to help, usually without any consideration for financial consideration. It's done because we want to help.

Not knowing your level of car savvy, car buying experience, etc. if you have questions about buying a Jaguar you have certainly came to the right place. Ask away and we'll try and help, but money isn't necessary. The biggest thing that raised the red flag was multiple mentions of PayPal. PP is a great tool, but with all the various scams and pfishing e-mails on the internet that mention PP you have to keep your guard up.

OK, 'nuff said, just no more talk of PP and money. If you need help, post up here. And if you aren't legit go over to a Toyota site and see if you can PP someone some money to help you get a new accelerator pedal.