Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 X-type Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 X-type Help

2002 X-type 2.5 help! 74K miles

A/C trouble! My A/C isnt working properly! It blows Ice cold at steady speeds above 40MPH....Below that orstopped or in traffic ! It blows cold air! Then warm air! Cold air Then warm air! I never get it cool in my car driving around town! It always warm in my car driving around town! I am forced to leave the setting at LO with the fan sitting at High all the time! It also leaves a more then normal puddle of water ! I suppose! Even after starting in the morning ! Is this ok ???? Any help guys i would really appreciate it! I hope I can solve this!

Old 06-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 02 X-type Help

WTF? Help with what????

Old 06-09-2008, 12:15 PM

2002 X-type 2.5 help! 74K miles

A/C trouble! My A/C isnt working properly! It blows Ice cold at steady speeds above 40MPH....Below that orstopped or in traffic ! It blows cold air! Then warm air! Cold air Then warm air! I never get it cool in my car driving around town! It always warm in my car driving around town! I am forced to leave the setting at LO with the fan sitting at High all the time! It also leaves a more then normal puddle of water ! I suppose! Even after starting in the morning ! Is this ok ???? Any help guys i would really appreciate it! I hope I can solve this!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem, I believe it may need a recharge.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:48 PM

Peewee,

Thats what my family is telling me! I believe i was trying to make it out to be a larger problem then what it is! I always expect the worst then when its somthing simple i am excited! How did you come to the conclusion that a re-charge my solve our problems??

Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Your car may have a leak in the condensor which is a common problem in most vehicles, or the vehicle may simply be low on refrigerant which is what is used to make the "air cold" coming out of the vent. It is far cheaper to start off with a simple recharge which should cost around $100 dollars if you go to the dealer then it is to have your whole ac system replaced.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM

Well.............

We have had a "HEAVY POLLEN WARNING" In my area since april, 27th so that may make since! Possiably thier could be somthing plugged or blocking air flow! I dont know! I did talk to a local A/C guy that i know today! Just saw him out getting lunch at the same time! He said... Thier may be a door stuck closed or somthing ! But i dont know......... I know nothing about Air Conditionig systems! I hope maybe that it is a simple fix! I can only imagine that it is..... Since it blows cold at speeds above 40 mph or so........

If anyone else knows anything please ..... help me out! I dont want to take it to the *********** untill I am sure!

Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are leaving puddles of water (I read your explanation twice) youdo not have a problem withthe refrigerant charge..try pressing in on the recirculate button for longer than 5 seconds this will keep the outside air out and it will cool only the inside air and keep up with it, locked in..If you just peck the recirculate button, it will only recirculate for 10 minutes and then go back to fresh outside air. The first job of a refrigeration system is to wring the moisture out of the air via latent heat of condensation, after that, then you will feel a change in sensibletemp once the air is rid of the moisture...Ergo, the large puddles of condensate water underneath.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 AM

Well.... I am guessing that the theory on the Recurculation door... May be the problem ! It may be closed or closing somtimes....
Anyone know anything more on this issue?? If so any information would be great!

Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM
ud

I'm pretty sure the dash will have to be removed to get at the HVAC system.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: bojangles

dont re-charge if it is leaking, it is ridiculous to recharge a known leaking system. It is also illegal. the large amount of condensate water indicates to me that the system is properly charged.
you need to get the system checked by a pressure test first, then evacuate the system with a vacuum pump and a container with a calibrated scale, they weight the amount of refrigerant that they suck out.. you can find out exactly if the system is leaking or not.

there is a known issue with a recirc flap not working and I would check the pollen filter too.

Otherwise you may need to get a dealer computer to read the diagnostics to see why it is not working.

THe advice to top up or re-charge is old school and not technically sound advice. The AC is complicated and needs some logic and trouble shooting to repair.

Obviously, if he knew it was leaking then I would not advise a recharge as it would simply leak out. I was just stating what one of the possibilities could be and obviously he should have it checked out by a licensed mechanic.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mbl_rl
A/C trouble! My A/C isnt working properly!.................It always warm in my car driving around town! I am forced to leave the setting at LO with the fan sitting at High all the time! It also leaves a more then normal puddle of water !
I have the same problem.The button thing Dennis recommendeddidnt work. Im dying in this100+ Dallas heat. Cansomebody let me know howtofind therecirc flap and pollen filter? Does the flap need to be open? closed?How doI keep it closed/open? Does the filter need to be cleaned? replaced? Do I have to get one from the dealership?HELP!I work too much and dont have time to take it to a shop right now and the car didnt come with a manual.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 PM

Well man, if you are versed on airconditioning systems , you probably understand the string of information posted above, but if you are not, do not confuse yourself, take your cat to a professional aircondition mechanic or the jag dealer to diagnose your problem correctly so you can decide whats best for you.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 PM
ud

Jsut so ya know..She's a Lady..But you are correct ..Queen take it to the dealer or qualified A/C tech..

Old 07-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

I've got the same left vent warm problem. The left vents blow at 83*, and the right side blow at 65* with the a/c on max cool & recirc. Please, PLEASE tell me more about how you fixed this problem. I've search the JTIS software and found the location of various servos and flaps, but don't really know what to do. I've also pulled part of the console apart, and can see several of them from the passenger side footwell. I've also search the archives of this forum and several others, but with no real luck. I've found a few posts from people who have the same issue, but nothing on how it was resolved.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi 310jag,

What did you end up doing last year with regards to your recirculate flap? I have the exact same problem this year with my '02 X-Type. It was first making a squeeking noise when switching to/from recirculate, now the air has warmed up and the fan has a hissing noise, and the there is no different sound or fan pitch between outside and recirculate mode.

Thanks,

Clay
claysimmons@yahoo.com