Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02X-TYPE - TRACTION/STABILITY - NEW MEMBER

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 02X-TYPE - TRACTION/STABILITY - NEW MEMBER

Hey guys,
im new to the forum, i dont have a jag, but my gf just bought one so this means i get another car to play with.
its a 2002 x - type sport darkmetallic grey/gunmetal (not sure what jag actually calls the paint)
she hasnt taken delivery of the car yet, when i test drove the car i pushed the traction control button by the shifter and it said on the DIC stability system not functioning... may have said traction control not functioning, she had already signed the papers at this point but she is good at lookin over cars, she has learned a lot from me while i was lookin for my car.
so i drive a 03 CTS and when the stability system gives this warning it is the steering position sendor that is in the steering colum, is this the same case for the x-type? dealership said the part they are waiting for goes in the steering colum andis on backorder til the 21st, but didnt say what the part is or what it is for..its already been 2 weeks and she cant wait any longer, need that car on the road.
will this also set off a check engine light?
i was 1/2 asleep when i was lookin at the car just finished a 12hr night shift went to sleep for 3 hrs and got called to come look at it.
car is very clean, no accidents (trust me i can tell if it was) great condition of the interiour.

also the 2 front doors the handlesto exit the cardont work that great, the dealership is fixing them or already has but is this a common issue?

thanks for any info you can give.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 02X-TYPE - TRACTION/STABILITY - NEW MEMBER

well i am not much help on the lil button you speak of but i will give my 2 cents.... the correct color of the car is "quartz". make sure you look under the car on the "A" pillar and in the front of the front door jams for any rust color. the 02-03's had a bad problem with the rocker panels rusting. how many miles are on the car? is it from a Jaguar lot or some where else?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 02X-TYPE - TRACTION/STABILITY - NEW MEMBER

no rust at all, cars body is flawless, a older man drove it and bought it from new, dealership said that and then i did a little research and its trus, its a locel car from the richer area of town. when you look at the car it showd that he cared about it.