X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 x-type wont move..Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 x-type wont move..Please Help

I tryed to look all over this forum to see if anyone has this problem but no luck. So my gear shift moves to reverse, drive and all the other ones, but my car does not move. When i put it in drive or reverse, all it does is rev the gas, no movement. Has anyone ever had this problem. Pls help.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 xtype 3.0 awd won't move

Please help they the shop is saying its the transmission and transfer case but it never slipped or jerked in anyway.
Originally Posted by Alexa
I tryed to look all over this forum to see if anyone has this problem but no luck. So my gear shift moves to reverse, drive and all the other ones, but my car does not move. When i put it in drive or reverse, all it does is rev the gas, no movement. Has anyone ever had this problem. Pls help.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexa
Please help they the shop is saying its the transmission and transfer case but it never slipped or jerked in anyway.
I doubt it very much, at most I'm thinking the torque converter is pooched.

But look at this thread too.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-po733-60151/

Old 09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Alexa, first have them verify that there is sufficient tranny fluid in the tranny. If the fluid level gets too low, it will cause what you are seeing. After that, short of having the tranny shop do some analysis of the car, it is hard to say what it could be. It could be something as silly as the fuse for the tranny computer is toast, but then it could be a fried tranny.

Something you may want to try is putting the key in the ignition, putting the gear shifter in neutral, release the e-brake and see if you can move the car. If the car rolls, then odds are it is either a problem with low fluid level or an issue with the tranny. If the car will not roll, then you are looking at either at a failed transfer case or a tranny computer issue. Granted, because the engine will rev like it is in neutral, I would doubt it is the transfer case as this tends to bind things up and will load down the engine when put in gear.