X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 x type voice command/auto lamp not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 x type voice command/auto lamp not working

I just purchased this veh. I have the lights set to auto. (swith turned all the way to the right) the one with the "A" still nothing. is there a fuse?

I think this car has voice command too. I've read the Audio manual and it says to push button on steering wheel wait for the beep and say command. I cant seem to hear any beep Any ideas???

Old 03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the voice command is a dealer installed option, unless it was ordered that way from the customer. From my time at the dealer only maybe 1 out of 300 X-type had the voice command installed. If you press that button on the steering wheel and it mutes the radio only (no magical voice from above) then you do not have voice command installed.

The auto headlights will only work at night, dawn/dusk. I am not sure what you mean by you set the switch and "nothing happens". When are you doing this? at night? cause during the day nothing will happen. Also there is an icon on the instrument cluster that will pop up when they are on. It's in between the speedo, and tach. green in color.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Default No auto lamp

Thanks for the info on the voice command, The auto lamp still doesnt work. I have it set to auto and its completely dark in my garage. Is there a fuse somewhere that I need to check? or any other ideas?
Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Auto Lights

The light sensor for the autolamps is on the back of your review mirror (facing the windshield). Check it is there (mirror might have been replaced) and not check the wiring is connected properly (a free download is the X-type wiring schematics). I have a Canadian Car and have doing quite a bit of work on getting this feature to work, so I am sure about the wiring and sensor. Hope this helps, Cheers

Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Default Auto lights

Thanks, I'll check on that. I appreciate the information. I did replace the battery and reset the moonroof and windows. I wanted to be sure theres no reset on the auto light feature as well. This is the only feature on the car that doesnt work properly. I still the its a great ride though!!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Default Auto lights working!!!

Thanks Canman, there "was" a loose wire in the mirror. I re-attached it and the auto lights work fine.

Thanks again

Old 09-16-2015, 01:19 PM

which loose wire was it that fixed the autolamps? colored? or it's the only one that goes into the mirror? do you have a picture?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Received 286 Likes on 234 Posts

rentzoo: The electrical connector for the rearview mirror is under a piece of removable black plastic trim - part #2 in this picture. It's above the mirror, next to the headliner, pressed against the windshield. The notch in the plastic trim is for wires that run under the headliner and behind the mirror:

This thread shows how to remove the black trim. It's an S-Type post, but the X-Type is similar: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ics-faq-52965/

Remove the plastic trim piece and check the electrical connector above the mirror. Iirc, the number of wires depends on the options, e.g., rain sensor for the wipers, and light sensor for the auto lamps. It's also possible that the mirror is unplugged, e.g., if a former owner replaced the mirror with the one that is not compatible with the options on your X-Type.

The following users liked this post:
rentzoo (09-17-2015)