Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Jaguar x-type codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb 2002 Jaguar x-type codes

hi i recently buy this car to a friend soldier,the car have this codes P1647
C1145 C1175 what i need repair to pass the texas state inspection the car is from N.caroline state so I would appreciate all possible help!!!

P1647 Linear O2 Sensor Control Chip (Bank 2)>
ok i know it sensor is the easy one,upstream front vehicle so not problem with it.

C1145 Speed Wheel Sensor RF Input Circuit Failure>
the real problem,ok i check the sensor and when i put out the sensor plastic
was worn by the friction with the magnetic ring, I have a new sensor but I'm not sure whether to put it and blew itso y question i need replace all the front passenger knuckle? it is easy or need some special tools!!

C1175 Speed Wheel Sensor LR Input Circuit Failure>
Funny one,ok y check the reluctor ring and is ok no corrosion or broken ring or parts are full i know it is a common problem on ours cats,I put out the sensor and are very dirt, so i think the problem are the dirt sensor or bad sensor.

some ideas of how repair my car?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Kalacho, lets start with the easy ones first and then we'll work our way up to the more difficult ones. The O2 sensor is pretty straight forward. Pull the air box out of the way and changing that out is easy. The big question is whether you get the pre-wired O2 sensor or the one you have to wire up yourself. The pre-wired makes it a plug and play changeout, but then you are looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-150 for just the O2 sensor. If you get a universal one, it will run you like $30-40, but then you have to make sure you get the correct wires in the correct location or you can really get yourself confused. Then you will more than likely end up buying the pre-wired O2 sensor to get things back where they should be. So, as long as you are careful when you wire it yourself, it can save you money. But, you try to rush things can be much more expensive.

The LR wheel speed sensor. I would tell you to do an op check of the sensor. What you will need to do is to remove the sensor from the car. Now, put the sensor on the edge of a table with a multimeter (set to VDC) connected to the 2 pins for the sensor. Using a large metal object (scrap steel or a large screw driver), pass it near the top of the sensor. The closer the metal is to the sensor, the bigger the pulse; the faster the metal is moving, the bigger the pulse. So, keep these two things in mind as you want the metal to be close to the sensor, but at the same time you don't want to hit the sensor or you will be garanteed to need a new sensor. What you are looking for is the multimeter to jump up about 1-2 VDC. If you don't see the multimeter move, then you have a bad sensor. If the sensor does respond, then you should do a hand over hand of the wiring between the sensor and where it goes into the computer. It is possible you have somehow damaged a wire, leading to the signal not making it to the computer.

As for the RF wheel, you should be able to get away with simply replacing the wheel bearing. Please keep in mind that the bearing has an inside and outside edge. So, make sure that when you put it in, it is put in the correct way. If you don't, the teeth in the bearing don't line up to the sensor and it will continue to give you problems.

The following users liked this post:
kalacho2006 (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Default thanks for yor reply

Thanks thermo,but not is more easy replace the front knuckle with one used?i know it is little bit more expensive but you not need replace the wheel bearing a real head pain. The rear sensor jumping w/o voltage on the multimeter?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

kalacho, if you are willing to spend the money on a whole assembly, then go for it. But, I think you will find the price of the whole assembly and the price of a new bearing to be pretty close to each other. Replacing the bearing isn't hard and is only a few more steps than what you are already doing.

As for the rear sensor, the sensor is made up of a magnet with a coil wrapped around it. As you pass a large metallic item near the tip of the sensor, you are disturbing the magnetic lines coming out of the magnet. Since the magnetic lines are moving, they are passing through the coil, inducing a voltage into the wires of the sensor. You are measuring this voltage with the multimeter. This effect is known as generator action. Trust me, it works.

The following users liked this post:
kalacho2006 (10-13-2011)
Old 10-13-2011, 04:14 AM

thermo,thanks bro I appreciated all you help,I will follow your advice!, you could tell me where to get the wheel bearing for my car. I saw some at Autozone

Timken / Wheel Bearing - Front

For your 2002 Jaguar X-Type AWD 2.5L SFI DOHC 6cyl
Price:
$ 38.99

but I'm not sure if will be correct, could you also guide me on how to remove and put this wheel bearing if it is not so much trouble.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone help me, wondering if I can only replace the axle speed ring on my 2002 jaguar x type?

Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Welcome to the forum voltage39,

This is a 17 month old thread on a different topic.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New member Area - Intro a MUST section and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice on posting to the forum.

Graham