X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 X-Type 3.0 Will Not Start ! Security / Key / Issue, Please HELP if you can!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 X-Type 3.0 Will Not Start ! Security / Key / Issue, Please HELP if you can!

Un-installed my radio today in preparation to put a new radio in tomorrow.

Only thing I did wrong, or out of order from the normal is when I unhooked the first two connections (near the top of the dash - flashers and seat-heaters)

and then unhooked the next two connections (in the middle of dash above radio and below flashers ) when I unhooked the connection closest to the steering wheel, the white connector, ----- I HADN"T DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY YET,,,I usually do this before any connections - before the cigarette lighter even- are unplugged. I know this was a stupid rushed mistake and my fault.

Now, when everything is hooked up, the car will not start. The radio works, the lights work, the flashers work, there are a lot of lights on the dash and the security red round light between the shift knob and the ebrake are lit up. The engine does no clicking. car does it's hello dings as normal

I have disconnected my battery and am waiting 20 minutes to see if that will reset it.

I do not have access to my other key without use of this car. I have read that possibly trying another key can work because it is reading the other key as not programmed because of a security issue.

I have also read that it may be an issue with the security program.

I will update this post after 20 minutes. If it doesn't start, I will have photos of the lights on the dash.

Thanks

Last edited by tobiastorgenson; 11-13-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:04 PM

this was a thought from another poster on another site: Do you have a second key? Try that if you do. If the immobilizer is activated that will create your symptoms. Could be many things but that is a quick thing to check.

again, do not have current access to my spare key

Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 AM

I'm getting the code 24 from the blinking red light in between the e brake and shifter. I think that possibly one of the connections to the heater / ac unit isn't conneting properly. I hope I didn't break one!

I gave up for tonight and will be back at it in the light of day tomorrow. If anybody can help, I will check this before I start working on it. Thanks!

Old 11-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2004 X-Type 3.0 Will Not Start

there is a wire in the radio plug to detect if the radio has been removed, if you have fitted a new radio you will need to bypass this wire.

ip65 pin 8 feeds from the radio to the security system.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:14 AM

SOLVED!!!

Morning! Thanks for the advice but that wasn't it. The radio is currently completely removed, the three hook ups to the oem radio are just unplugged. I re plugged the flashers and the two plugs going into the heat / ac. One of those plugs ( the ones going into the climate control section ) must have just been loose because after I plugged all them back in it started right up. I am going to check them a little closer to make sure I didn't do any damage, as in they are loose, etc.

Hope this thread can help somebody someday if anybody has this problem, this is a good place to start - and yes, I did check the connections as of yesterday but the one plug just needed to be taken out and plugged back in for a new install "click"