X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 X type premium stereo wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 X type premium stereo wiring

I have a 2006 x type with sound issues. If I turn the volume all the way up, I can hear some sound out of the tweeters and the sub woofers, but nothing out of mid range speakers. The others sound quite muted but are audible. I have searched for days for a drawing for the premium system, but all the ones I find do not seem to match what I have. The two sub woofer speakers on the back shelf have different colored wires then what I have found for drawings online. One has a red and a black wire, and the other one has a yellow and a blue wire attached. Does any one know where I can get the correct wiring drawing so I can try to connect speakers in the trunk, at the amp, to determine what the problem is. Or does anyone know which color wires go to which speakers?

Old 03-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This sounds EXACTLY like what we had going on in our 2006 X-Type VDP, except the rear door speakers worked. If I set the balance to full front, I got.... sub and tweeters. Nothing else. And they sounded a bit muffled. Also the voice navigation didn't work (apparently she only uses the front speakers).

Replaced the front door speakers. Fixed. Blown speakers are apparently a known issue with the alpine systems.Remove one of your front door interior panels, connect a correctly matching speaker and give it a try. If that speaker works, you may just have all bad speakers.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Had the exact same issue with my car. When I bought it found that all four door speakers were blown. Bought some used ones from a breaker yard and it sounds fine now.