X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar hates its customers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jaguar hates its customers

I have been trying to change my spark plugs for 4 hours ran first after all were changed I put all the coils back on and on the last one the bolt head snapped off couldn't find my vice grips stuff with the manifold off. Finally wedged a screw in the hole where the rest of the bolt was in to hold it down put everything back together now a ****ing hose is oit of place wont go in the intake hose so now I ha e to go back out there take all this ****img **** off and run it under the manifold all this **** for some ****ing spark plugs wtf? Why the hell would they make a car like this? Who were the designers? They should all be shot.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,749 Likes on 7,100 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandyone
I have been trying to change my spark plugs for 4 hours ran first after all were changed I put all the coils back on and on the last one the bolt head snapped off couldn't find my vice grips stuff with the manifold off. Finally wedged a screw in the hole where the rest of the bolt was in to hold it down put everything back together now a ****ing hose is oit of place wont go in the intake hose so now I ha e to go back out there take all this ****img **** off and run it under the manifold all this **** for some ****ing spark plugs wtf?

Whew! You should be feeling a bit better by now !

Why the hell would they make a car like this? Who were the designers? They should all be shot.

If we shot all the engineers who seemingly didn't take 'ease of repair' into consideration then the streets would be running red with blood.

You need to get into the spirit of things. Remember, there are no design faults on a Jaguar. Anything that has the appearance of a design fault is, in actuality, merely "an interesting engineering feature".

Just teasing. We've all been there. Take a break. Things will look better in the morning!

Good luck

Cheers
DD

Old 03-03-2017, 10:11 PM

Yeah I feel better now lol I always get worried up when things go wrong while working on cars.But this was just crazy I could never have predicted that the bolt head would snap off while tightening it. So I looked for my vice grips to try and twist it out and they were nowhere to be found. It was getting dark mosquitos were all over me I needed to cook dinner for my grandmother and my new car was now gonna have to sit there over night while I figure out what to do. I was beginning to wonder if I made a mistake buying a jaguar.But I put a small screw in and moved the vacuum hose and all clear. Cel is still on but it's time to have a Newcastle at the pub. I was ofcourse kidding about shooting them but im a writer I like to entertain. But really I assume they really went to the moon so how hard can it be to make spark plugs easier to get too?

Old 03-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

spark plugs on any tranverse engine almost always a pain in the rear end. So it's not just Jaguar. I can't change the rear bank of plugs on my Santa Fe without taking a lotta stuff off either.

And don't even get me started on changing the oil pressure sensing switch. Under the intake manifold. $400 worth of labor to change a $12 part. It's not just Jaguar... believe me.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I get very Zen when I'm wrenching on the car now. I figure it was put together somehow, and I'm never surprised if I have to dismantle other things that are in the way that I didn't expect to do something. The luxury we have working on our own cars is we're not "on the clock" so you can take a break, ask for advice on the forums, leave the damn project for a week or two.

Want to change spark plugs? Toyota Sienna Mini-Van. Back bank of cylinders you had to put the car up on a lift, either climb up on a step ladder or lower the lift a bit so you could just reach up there and change the *******s -- working totally blind of course.

Sympathy for a snapped bolt: I think that will be the end of our cars when the hardware gets past its usable life and nothing will come apart easily anymore. Most cars today are trashed due to "body integrity issues" like leaky doors, misalignment of things, creakyness and strange noises.

Quality? I bought the kids a 2008 Saturn Ion, that was a POS that was built from totally crappy parts and hardware, no fun at all to work on, stuff broke because it was built cheap and the car was lethal because GM cheeped out on a $.25 spring in the ignition switch.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:34 AM

Your all right its not just jaguar. And I still like the car. I suppose it's much ado about nothing.

Last edited by Vandyone; 03-04-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 03-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Bolts snapped are not just Jaguars; They happen to every cars, but consider the torque to tighten up a bolt or nut depend on where they are used, some place you don't have to turn it so tight until it's snap off, as the coil hold down bolts you just turn until you feel its resistance then nudged a little more it should be tight enough, When the bolt head snapped off, the bolt body isn't very tight, you can use a pair of needle nose plies to turn it out, I have many cam shaft cap bolts snapped off and I've used needle nose plies to remove them.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everytime I look under the hood at how something is done and I go WTF it not this hard on the jeeps. I just go "how very British of them to be backwards" and then go on humming America the beautiful.

Location of the cabin filter makes no sense to me considering all the wet weather some places ( like florida ) has.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

And remember it is just a Ford 3.0L engine and there are thousands of them around.