X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 way-heated seat-cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking 4 way-heated seat-cover

Hi Everyone, I have a 02 x-type. I'm looking for the cover that goes over the 4 way switch and the heated seats switch. This is the cover that is above the heater control unit, and right below the dash. It's black about 10 inches long and about 2 to 2 1/2 inches high. Anyone that has any idea where I might be able to find one please let me know. I've tried E-Bay and some junk yards, I'm sure some one out there has a good idea where I can get one. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails 4 way-heated seat-cover-pic_4way_heated_seats.jpg  
Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Its called a bezel and the part number for your year is C2S2186
Got mine from a breakers when I added heated seat switches but dealers arent much more expensive by the time you add shipping
Email/call EuroJag in Darlington UK as they claim to be the worlds biggest Jag breaker breaking over 400 Jags at any one time
Thats where I got mine and they may well ship abroad
Good luck

Old 03-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking seat heaters

When you added the switches to your Jaguar, were the seats already wired for heat? I looked under mine and they seemed to have everything but the switches in the dash, is it possible that once the switches are in that the seat heater will work or is there more to it that what it appears? Thanks

Old 03-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Mine werent but some may be ready prewired at the seat.Ask your dealer should be able to tell you from your VIN.
I bought a set of seat heater pads from Waeco.A friend altered the wiring so the kit would fit using the aftermarket pads.Wiring was already at the switch only.However hit a brick wall when the module being developed by the friend wouldnt turn off as it should.
Nothing stopping the Waeco supplied switches working with their heaters though but I wanted OE switches fitted.
Indepth fitting here
http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtop...er=asc&start=0