Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light on and cruise not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light on and cruise not working

Hi
earlier this week my abs light started to show. It doesn't come on right away, but fairly soon after I set off. I noticed today that the cruise control isn't working either. Do these two faults together point at anything in particular?

Old 08-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Otherman,

Yes they are related. When the ABS is not working the Cruise Control will be disabled.

First thing you need to do is get the codes read on your Jag. Be sure the reader will do ABS/Chassis (C) codes and not just Powertrain codes (P)

Most likely you will get a C1145/C1155/C1165/C1175 unless it is related to the ABS module.

If it is one of the above, then you will know which side is causing the issue. It could be the sensor and/or the speed sensor ring (reluctance ring).

The Jaguar Workshop manual will explain the pin point test you can do to determine if the sensor is faulty.

If it is the speed sensor ... see the discussion at the link below #15 for how to inspect and replace the outer shaft (if your issue is in the rear).

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...lacement-1982/

Good Luck . . . . Just fixed mine last week!!!

Old 08-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, thanks. Trip to the garage then.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Abs faults disable cruise control, i had an intermittant fault on an xk and it was a faulty abs sensor which cost £40 to sort diy but before ypu spend money get the codes read and bear in mind your braking is compromised if your abs has failed

Old 08-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by USarmor
Otherman,

Yes they are related. When the ABS is not working the Cruise Control will be disabled.

First thing you need to do is get the codes read on your Jag. Be sure the reader will do ABS/Chassis (C) codes and not just Powertrain codes (P)

Good Luck . . . . Just fixed mine last week!!!
USarmor, is there a recommended code reader for the X-Type that we can purchase ourselves? I was checking around on the interwebs because my problem is similar to this and I came across the
iCarsoft i930 iCarsoft i930
, any thoughts on this one? I have also been thinking of getting one of those OBD2 plugin readers with Bluetooth for instant diagnostics. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:19 AM

The i car soft jag on amazon was the reader i was about to recomend you try using

Old 08-10-2017, 10:41 AM

Thank you! I'm torn on whether getting that or getting a cheaper Bluetooth dongle for real time monitoring AND code retrieval...

Old 08-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by chknhwk
Thank you! I'm torn on whether getting that or getting a cheaper Bluetooth dongle for real time monitoring AND code retrieval...
the blue tooth would be a waste of money as i think they only read engine codes .

The following users liked this post:
chknhwk (08-10-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Ah, good point. Knowing what they are is part of it but being able to clear them is just as important. Thanks!
(Although a lot of AutoZones, etc. will clear them if you show proof or explain how you fixed something...)

Old 08-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Maybe this

Will help your decision on whether to buy or not, I had purchased this icarsoft scanner because the scanner I had would not read the abs codes, it did everything I have asked of it to this point abs, obd, electrical system and battery scan, o2 bank scans, its a great tool, well worth the $120.
comes with usb cables obd cables, manual and a nice little carry case.
And it works on tons of other cars as well, some with more / less functions available.

but overall a great investment.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:37 AM

That's awesome! I ordered the BAFX OBDII bluetooth adapter and I am using the Torque app (pro version) and I was able to both read my codes and clear them. Not bad for under $30!
I am getting C1175 and P1111 codes.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chknhwk,

No worries about the P1111 - that is normal and just means the drive cycle test are complete.

P1175 is the Rear Left Speed sensor. Take a look at my post #2 above for most of the information you will need.

Good Luck!