X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS relay location

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ABS relay location

I do have the owners manual but I still don't know where the ABS relay is.
I found the two fuses for ABS but no relay. Is there a relay for ABS?

I do have the code C1266 - ABS valve power relay circuit failure.
So before I am looking for another ABS module I would like to know if it is a dedicated relay there and where it is. It would worth to replace the relay first to see if that will bring back my ABS.

All info are welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by Tracus; 02-27-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:39 AM

Nobody knows what this code means? And if ABS has a relay, where it is?
I would like to be sure I have eliminated any other possibilities before I am looking for another ABS module.

Last edited by Tracus; 03-02-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Tracus, there is no relay shown on the diagram for the ABS system. So, if the fuses are good, then odds are you will have to replace the ABS module. Now, before you start replacing the module, check to verify that Fuses 75 and F3. If both of them are good, then you are most likely looking at the module.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
ud
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seems a little premature to write off the ABS module. I think you need to do some better troubleshooting.

there are a whole lot of wires going into that module.. can you be sure they are all doing the right thing?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 AM

The ABS was fine untill one day. No hard braking was applied or excess or bad treatment. I don't know why gave up.
The interesting thing is that the light goes off when i stop the engine. When I start the engine is still not ON. The light is ON as soon as I am driving, it is going on exactly in the same time when the doors are locking. When the doors make that "click" and lock, the ABS light appears on the dash bord.
I really don't know how the tehcnician grabbed that code (described above) because when I plug that OBD2 I am not starting the engine right? Plus I am not driving, so God knows how he get that code.
Does anyone knows what that code means then?
Or what should I do?

Thank you!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
ud

you need to drive until the light comes on, then keep it running while you connect the code reader.

Sounds a little bit like an ABS sensor ring.. either front or rear... try to drive slowly and try the brakes before the abs light comes on... report back on how the brakes work then.

also where are you located.. how much winter use has your car seen?

Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 AM

Not much, is a Vancouver car. No snow in there. This year they had some but not like Calgary.
I will try but I don't think the car will use ABS under 8km/h.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

Tracus, based on the code, the description that you give is not quite accurate. C1266 is a "Left Rear Outlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction", which would lead me to believe that the solenoid is not getting power or that the valve is stuck and is not opening. I would need to look at my JTIS CD to see exactly what it may say, but it could be a problem with the ABS module, a wiring problem, or a bad solenoid. Let me see what I can find and we can go from there.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM

Thank you Thermo. I will wait for your reply.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
ud

I ask about snow to guess if the rear sensor rings might be rusted and falling off.. typical in salt conditions.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Veteran member

Tracus, doing some research with the JTIS manual, Code C1266 is the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) Modulator solenoids power supply circuit fault. This is controlled via the ABS module. So, checking fuses #15 and #75 still applies. What you will want to do is to open the hood/bonnet of your vehicle and behind the passenger side headlight, there is a control module there. There should be a 42 pin connector on it. Find the red wire (pin 6) and check to see if you have 12 VDC on this wire. If you are getting under 12.0 VDC, then you have either a bad #15 fuse (not likely due to not having ABS faults) or a bad wire between the fuse and the module. If you are getting 12 VDC, then that confirms a bad ABS module.

Pin 6 to the computer there behind the headlight is the power supply for the control valves for the ABS system.

Of interest, early production vehicles call this module the Dynamic Control Stability computer and later production vehicles call it the ABS module. The main difference between the two system is the addition of a vacuum pump/control block to the earlier production vehicles.

Hopefully this will give you the necessary info to fix this issue.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:30 PM

Thermo, many thanks man,

I will try that tonight aned I will let you know what I found.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 AM

hello Thermo,

I have checked ALL the fuses. All of them are good. The single thing that makes me wonder is that the fuses that you've mentioned are nor related with the ABs (at least not in the users manual). Number 15 is related to the power seat (driver side) and the other one also something different.

However, all of them are good, and I do have voltage at the PIN nr. 6 on the 42 pin jack (Delphi connector). At the pin 6 I do have 15 V so the power is there.
It seems that I need to look for an ABS module.

I thank you very much for all your effort!

Old 03-17-2009, 11:20 AM

Hello guys,

Now, I have one light ON and that is the ABS one.
I do need to find an ABS module for my vehicle.

I did found one over the internet but I would like to check with a tech guy from here if this is what I need.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/JAGUAR-X-TYPE-200...1%7C240%3A1318

The vehicle is a 2003 X-Type, 2.5 AWD.

Would this part work for me?

Thank you.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM

hello guys,

I have a question for you. I found a ABS module to replace my faulty one. But the parts guy sent me this info:

"The jaguar x tpye is here now but it's a 2004. The part # on the abs controller is c2s 26943. I don't know if this will work for you I think your part # is c2s 13539 "

From what I know my part nr. was C2S42661. What should I do ? can I buy that part from that 2004 for my 2003?

Thank you!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Nobody knows if that part will fit?

Probably one of the tech guys in here can give me an advice please?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:48 AM

Hello guys!

I am coming back with the rsults for the code:
C1266 - ABS valve power relay circuit failure.

Our colegue THERMO helped me very much and he was very patient with me. I found an ABS module and after the replacement the code was gone and everything is back to normal.

Bottom line, if you have code C1266 then you must replace the ABS module.

I think is a good ideea to open a thread with all the codes that we found in time and what we replaced.
Last time I came back with an update regarding my engine light ON as well.

Thermo, thanks again man!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default the same problem a year later

Dear Tracus,
the same problem a year later happening to my car, 2003 jaguar x-type 2.5L.
How to release air in the oil pipe after changing the abs pump module? is it the same as I did change brake pads and loose nuts of the oil line nozzels?
anything else needed to note?

please let me know as soon as possible.

thank you in advance.

twmp88@yahoo.com

sienlee

Old 02-26-2010, 12:37 PM

hello Sienlee

I would like to provide you the right answer but I don't know it because the dealership replaced my module.
However after they put the new module, I took the car from the dealerhip and 40 km later I lost my brakes. Went carefuly back to them and ask them to change the brake fluid again and take the air out.
Since the ABS module was there already, I assume that they just did it normally by loosing the nuts from the line.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tracus
hello Sienlee

I would like to provide you the right answer but I don't know it because the dealership replaced my module.
However after they put the new module, I took the car from the dealerhip and 40 km later I lost my brakes. Went carefuly back to them and ask them to change the brake fluid again and take the air out.
Since the ABS module was there already, I assume that they just did it normally by loosing the nuts from the line.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I called the dealership for a price of abs pump control module. I wan told it cost $1500 for w/o DSC and $2750 for one with DSC. However, I just bought one used abs control module with a complete pump module together for just $150 + free shipping yesterday. I am sure it is the right model to my car, 2003 jaguar x-type 2.5L w/o DSC/TC system (no dc power between Pin 21 and Pin 39). I am going to change the abs control module first. That is a simple job and will fix the issue, I guess. If not, I am going to change all of them. Your dealer's technician doesn't be trained well since your car had lost brake function at 40kmph after changing the complete module. I also bought a 2006 edition european mechanic manual which covers my car on ebay. I paid $5 + $4.72 shipping and it has over 1000 pages.

Last edited by Sienlee; 02-26-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: ABS relay location